Another reason I carry

Another reason I carry

This is a discussion on Another reason I carry within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; While spending New Years in the Tampa Bay area with my wife and friends as that is where she is from, we got asked about ...

Thread: Another reason I carry

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

Another reason I carry

While spending New Years in the Tampa Bay area with my wife and friends as that is where she is from, we got asked about how it is in Fayetteville / Fort Bragg NC. As we sat there enjoying the beach and the 80 degree weather we got to explaining how bad the area was and that you just don't leave the house after dark unless you want to get shot. After a pretty lengthy discussion about how bad it is here one of our friends looks at my wife and said "oh my god you are a refugee." Anyway as I was sitting at work today I decided to look up the crime statistics for the Fayetteville / Fort Bragg area. Here is what I came up with, Fayetteville's violent crime rate is 122% higher than the national average. The property crime rate is 150% higher than the national average. Fayetteville was at one time ranked 24th in the country in violent crime, and from what I have seen is likely gained a few positions since that information was posted. I'm thinking I might try and apply for asylum down in Tampa based on political reasons. My political stance is that the entire city and Fort Bragg needs to be leveled. That is just another reason why I carry a firearm everywhere I go. Now if I can just use that logic to convince my wife I need more guns.

Wow, that's pretty bad. I'm surprised you'd want to move to Tampa though. It seems like we have had really bad luck the last couple years with quite a few policemen dying by gunfire. :(
    I work for a company that offers firearms training in Florida, Colorado, Iowa, Wisconsin and soon to be Minnesota. Please visit our website below or check us out on http://facebook.com/equip2conceal

www.equip2conceal.com

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Yeah I know. Tampa is a whole lot bigger than Fayetteville is and that is where my wife is from.

If and when you figure out how to convince your wife, PLEASE let us know!!!

I always got the impression that the name "Fayettenam" was well earned. And not simply a play on the military there.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Sponsored Links