Squirrel Fight!

This is a discussion on Squirrel Fight! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is a silly post, I know, but I just had a major squirrel melee in my front shrubs. I was talking to my dad ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By atctimmy
  • 1 Post By WHEC724
  • 1 Post By NC Bullseye
  • 1 Post By Hiram25
  • 1 Post By QKShooter

Thread: Squirrel Fight!

VIP Member

Squirrel Fight!

This is a silly post, I know, but I just had a major squirrel melee in my front shrubs. I was talking to my dad on the phone when 7 big fox squirrels ran into my yard from the neighbors yard and had a big fight in my shrubs.

Squirrels were jumping up into a 6 foot tall aspen shrub and it looked to me like it was king of the hill. A couple were at the top and the 5 others were climbing up the shrub and were getting tossed out of the top, to the grass and then climbing up again.

It went on for about 5 minutes and then they moved on. It was better than watching the WWE. : )
    JoJoGunn and QKShooter like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Squirrel fights are awesome. Plus they can cuss like no other living being. I suppose it's for the best that we don't know what they're actually saying.
    atctimmy likes this.

My favorite part of a squirrel brawl is when you get five or six chasing each other through the tree tops about 40 feet up and the lead brawler leaps where there is no tree due to a fail in situational awareness. Then you see how many of the followers suffer from the same affliction as they hit the ground.
    RMS likes this.

Be careful Timmy! There is nothing more dangerous than getting close to or involved in a squirrel fight!

Keep your distance, my man, they can get enraged and perhaps give you a strong scolding or maybe mistake your leg for a tree and try to carry on their dispute upon your person!

If you must, pack lots of heat, preferrably an AR or AK with a couple hundred rounds. Wounded squirrels are the worst.

Once I had one going through my back yard and I barely survived it's incessant chatter as it climbed my detached brick garage to exit my property. Luckily, I had my Mosin-Nagant and 20+ rounds just in case.

You just never know.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

They were all susposed to go shooting, and the one at the top of the tree forgot the ammo!
    Spade115 likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    This is a silly post, I know, but I just had a major squirrel melee in my front shrubs. I was talking to my dad on the phone when 7 big fox squirrels ran into my yard from the neighbors yard and had a big fight in my shrubs.

Squirrels were jumping up into a 6 foot tall aspen shrub and it looked to me like it was king of the hill. A couple were at the top and the 5 others were climbing up the shrub and were getting tossed out of the top, to the grass and then climbing up again.

It went on for about 5 minutes and then they moved on. It was better than watching the WWE. : )
    Did you have time to get bets down with the neighbors?
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    Fox squirrels !!! I didn't know there was another meat until I was in my teens.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    I wish we had more squirrels they taste like chicken. I have to settle for cottontail rabbits but they aren't as fun to watch.

So, where is the video?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    So, where is the video?

Exactly!
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Administrator
    Squirrel Fight!

Don't Get Involved!!!!! Just Be A Good Witness!!!!
    JoJoGunn likes this.

VIP Member
    Red squirrels here toss pine cone grenades at you after they chew holes in your roof. Thank goodness for the cat.
    Attached Images
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Links