a different kind of shooting

This is a discussion on a different kind of shooting within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; OK has nothing to do with firearms but I had my PF-9 with me so it counts right? I thought I would try to capture ...

Thread: a different kind of shooting

OK has nothing to do with firearms but I had my PF-9 with me so it counts right? I thought I would try to capture some of the landscape in my travels in the petrolium industry. All done with my Nikon D3100. Tell me what you think!
    wm bw compressed.JPGCSC_0071 compressed.JPGCSC_0078 compressed.JPGCSC_0079 compressed.JPGjack bw compressed.JPG

Good and sharp!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Drilling rigs and pump jacks are all about as dynamic a photography subject as a tree stump. Almost all industrial stuff comes across the same way. Nothing personal, it's just the subject matter. I bet you'll get a lot further if you focus on the landscapes and wildlife.

You seem to have a good eye for unusual land and sky, so just keep honing those skills. I really like the way you capture the unusual clouds!

Good luck with the Nikon. Keep shooting, keep shooting and have fun!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Good and sharp!
    I didn't see any sharpness. I saw starkness and I understood it immediately.

Kinda looks like a lot of the land around here
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Nice. I once dabbled in photography and appreciate the starkness of black and white and gray scale stuff. It isn't all about colour.

Sometimes the bleakness of a subject can project a very good image. Landscapes in b&w also are nice. Even some people photographed like that can be interesting.

Keep shooting, the more you do, the better you will get. Just like firearms!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Makes me want to take a trip back to SW Oklahoma to visit friends.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links