Farmer Timmy

This is a discussion on Farmer Timmy within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Congrats Farmer Timmy. See if you can get your personal natural gas usage free....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Farmer Timmy

Administrator
    Congrats Farmer Timmy.

See if you can get your personal natural gas usage free.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Yea Timmy!

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

natural gas usage free

Just watch out for gas liquids and remember the NG Odor is not natural - it is added. NG does not typically have an odor (unless there are other things in the gas stream like sulfur, etc.) Most Operators refuse because of liability matters, but I've seen plenty of folks steal from gas wells. I've also seen some houses burn down.

The Operator wants you to be a friend. As a set of "eyes and ears" on site they consider you a valuable asset and you can develop a relationship with their "Pumper" that is their on-site supervisor. Keep their telephone numbers handy. They will appreciate calls regarding the well site and anything unusual. Treat them nice and help them and they'll do likewise in all probability.

What! Timmy's got gas....

Congrats Timmy, and enjoy.....
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post

Just watch out for gas liquids and remember the NG Odor is not natural - it is added. NG does not typically have an odor (unless there are other things in the gas stream like sulfur, etc.) Most Operators refuse because of liability matters, but I've seen plenty of folks steal from gas wells. I've also seen some houses burn down.

The Operator wants you to be a friend. As a set of "eyes and ears" on site they consider you a valuable asset and you can develop a relationship with their "Pumper" that is their on-site supervisor. Keep their telephone numbers handy. They will appreciate calls regarding the well site and anything unusual. Treat them nice and help them and they'll do likewise in all probability.
    Good advice!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Great news! Congratulations! We'll come help eat your harvest...
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Thanks all. I've been out of town a few days.

The farm is going to be 51 acres. About 35 of that is woods.

We have the home inspection and some lawyer stuff still to do but I think we're not going to have any more problems. Any prayers would be greatly appreciated. : )
    Rock and Glock and Bark'n like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Administrator
    Let me know when you're ready to start shipping out farm fresh produce.

I know you have a full plate right now but, later on think about bee keeping. Those hives can make you some $$.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

VIP Member
    Avoid naming an animal you intend to eat.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Just for fun Timmy, do you know how the Blonde spelled "farmer"?

(Look down for comic answer)

E I E I O.
    QKShooter likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Administrator
    Or....just name your pig "Bacon" & your cow "Hamburger"

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Avoid naming an animal you intend to eat.
    RevolvingMag likes this.

Glad it worked out. What will you be farming? Animal, Vegtable, or Mineral?
    Nice to own a chunk of land. Moved to GA from NY 18yrs ago and bought a few tracts. Was able to aquire for $500-$700
    an acre. How dose that saying go "If I Only Knew Then What I Know Now" I would have bought a hell of alot more. Same Tracks are running $2500-$4800an acre depending on the timber on them. Your in for alot of work but its a great feeling. I just grow Pine, and hunt between the rows.
    Good Luck,
    TC

Awesome!!!!!,post pics.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    CONGRATS

Buying a tractor is like buying a safe, get one larger than you think you will need.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

One piece of advice-farming is extremely dangerous work - there is simply no safe tool. You must never be without safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection and several types of gloves. In over forty years of it, I've had two broken arms, a ruined knee, numerous cuts that required stitches, and totally lost my right eye. It's still fun as heck, but never let your guard down - expect the unexpected. Murphy lives on a farm.
    Rock and Glock and Bark'n like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links