Anybody else caught up in the "Mid-Winter Crankies"?

This is a discussion on Anybody else caught up in the "Mid-Winter Crankies"? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Boy I sure am, and we haven't even had a hard Winter here...hardly a Winter at all, truth be told. C'mon Spring!...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Anybody else caught up in the "Mid-Winter Crankies"?

Boy I sure am, and we haven't even had a hard Winter here...hardly a Winter at all, truth be told.

C'mon Spring!
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

2. Remove Ads

Although it's pretty cold right now, it's been in the 60's and 70's for most of the winter here. just the other day, it was 75 degrees
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

While I won't say that winter makes me cranky, it sure does put a damper on the outdoor activities that I like. The older that I get the less I like winter and the cold and the snow and the wind.....

I'm ready for it to be over. It's nice, but just for a short period of time.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

My wife LOL She hates the cold and we are in the White Mountains. Last night was -5

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    While I won't say that winter makes me cranky, it sure does put a damper on the outdoor activities that I like. The older that I get the less I like winter and the cold and the snow and the wind.....

I'm ready for it to be over. It's nice, but just for a short period of time.
    I agree, I've been lobbying for years for a "Winter" that begins on December 24 and thaws on Jan. 2!
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    My wife LOL She hates the cold and we are in the White Mountains. Last night was -5
    And the Green Mountains here neighbor. We've been so spoiled all winter this sub zero stuff caught me off guard. Car won't start today.

But snow and cold are needed....this is ski country here.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

VIP Member
    Still waiting for winter to show up. It's running late this year.

VIP Member
    No winter crankies but I screwed my back up this week. Today is the first day since Thursday that I'm up and about. I still hurt some but I feel way better.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Administrator
    I bought a super duper snow blower/thrower so that I don't hafta manually shovel a ton of snow anymore & I've not even had to put gas in it yet.

I DO NOT have the winter crankies... ******!
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Southern NH here. Not quite as cold, around 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    Nope. I went out and bought this about a week ago. "Mid-Winter" is going just fine now!

And the temperature is warm enough (mid 50's) that I'm going out tomorrow and shoot about 200 rounds of white box & 200 rounds of 147 gr. Federal HST's for reliability testing.

250 rounds of HST's arrive tomorrow from SG Ammo.com & my new Remora holster will be here on Tuesday.

After that, she's good to go for EDC with the 147 gr. HST's.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Nice Barkn!!!
    To early for the shack nasties around these parts,finally got some good snow last week.time to play!!

Weather here improving. Got all the way down to 26 F. Thought we were going to die. Be glad when winter is gone, and the warm weather returns. Couldn't go shooting 'cause it was too cold at the indoor range.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Weather here improving. Got all the way down to 26 F. Thought we were going to die. Be glad when winter is gone, and the warm weather returns. Couldn't go shooting 'cause it was too cold at the indoor range.
    I shot today outside! (got my own land). No temperature, it was zero lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links