What I saw, and it got me thinking-

This is a discussion on What I saw, and it got me thinking- within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sixto - That was you? Why didn't you stop and say hi to me and the missus? She's my crispy banged goddess, let me tell ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: What I saw, and it got me thinking-

Sixto - That was you? Why didn't you stop and say hi to me and the missus? She's my crispy banged goddess, let me tell you. Sorry we were in the wife's car. The IROC was in the shop getting a new Sparkomatic.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by l1a1 View Post
    Sixto - That was you? Why didn't you stop and say hi to me and the missus?
    I think it would be best if we kept our friendship to the internet.
    "Just blame Sixto"

GEEZ Thanks for bringing up the past, Was I the only Nerd with a Leisure Suit, and Disco was the craze. Scary part is that I owned 2 of them a Lite Blue one and a Burnt Orange one. I swear I will keep them buried where no one will ever find them. Some of you talk about styles coming back, just pray that the Disco Era and the Leisure Suit Larrys never do.
    Dave
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

Distinguished Member
    My wardrobe has never changed. Wranglers and t-shirts in summer(when I'm not carrying), and wranglers and sweatshirts or pearlsnaps for "formal" wear. I drive my 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T six speed and listen to AC/DC and other 70 and 80s tunes. My hair is longer than it has ever been, grayer too. Life is good.

I had a mullet. It was awesome!!
    I got rid of it by the time I turned 5. Someone needs to bring back baby mullets.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

I can't say that I'm hanging on to anything. But my older cousin came to a family cook out wearing one of the "poofy" shirts. You know the kind. Big bell bottom wrists, can't see the buttons for all the poof. Boy did he catch some flak for that one. The problem was, my uncles reminded my dad it looked like one he had.

If you had asked a couple months ago, I was still sporting the sweet 'stache. That go me more, "Are you a cop?" questions than OC'ing does. I'm 38 and it's the second time it's been shaved. So far it's the longest I have gone without it too. I had co workers that did not recognize me when I walked in.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    My "Boot-cut" levis have given way to "relaxed fit", but my shirts are still usually plaid flannel. Here in the Sierras the Trans-Am and Camaro are still king to the inexperienced. 18 years ago I worked at an exotic car shop in the valley and as the farthest commuter (85 miles) I was asked to drive home a nearly new car with suspected electronic/fuelinjection problems on long trips. A 1994 Porsche 928 GTS , not one of my favorites, but a good handling car with 375 HP Aluminum V-8 and almost 370 Ft Lbs torque. I was near home at the video store talking cars with the owner, and some mullet-head chimes in "my Camaro will beat that thing". Maybe on the 1/4 mile but no way on twisty mountain roads or a long straightaway. I should have raced him for pinks, but that would have been unprofessional and it's not nice to pick on the mentally challenged.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Fedora's are kinda cool, but not many can pull it off anymore. You have to look the part and dress appropriately if you have any chance of looking good with one. I see some older black guys a lot that seem to do the best job at it, as long as their suits are not over the top tacky. I suppose white dudes could just the same, it just seems as if they do not for whatever reason. I say this because I was car shopping last week, and a lot of the salesmen I dealt with were black guys- they all wore fedoras with their suits. I thought most pulled the look off nicely. I also work with a few black detectives who pull off the same look... I do not think I could- but they are all more than a few years older than me.
    Some older black guys look bad-to-the-bone in a fedora, no doubt. 'Which brings up the positive side to getting old; I've started wearing stuff because I want to, not whether it's in fashion or not. I think older guys get away with it, because it's assumed that we're set in our ways and just don't give a damn. A few years back, I started wearing a straw hat when working outside in the heat. It's a cheap broad-brim just like my grandaddy wore (the kind you buy at the feed store). You lay a wet cloth under there, and it'll keep you cool like few other things will.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    This cracked me up! White Tiger anyone? haha............

The point is, we are out of style. I like to think I am still cool, but I am not. The gauge I use is you know your out of the loop when current fashion and music sucks.
    White Lion. C'mon man, get your 80's hair bands right. Lol.

I often say that I miss the 80's. Sixto, you must be in your late 30's like me. I remember EVERYTHING you put in your OP like it was yesterday. While my parachute pants and high top reeboks are gone, I still love to hear 80's music and reminsce of an awesome era.

BTW, I never had an IROC. I was always a Mustang guy. Generally the guys who had the IROC's wore z cavaricci's instead of parachute pants. Lol!
    l1a1 likes this.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    I had a mullet. It was awesome!!
    I got rid of it by the time I turned 5. Someone needs to bring back baby mullets.
    Sacrilegious!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    White Lion. C'mon man, get your 80's hair bands right. Lol.

I often say that I miss the 80's. Sixto, you must be in your late 30's like me. I remember EVERYTHING you put in your OP like it was yesterday. While my parachute pants and high top reeboks are gone, I still love to hear 80's music and reminsce of an awesome era.

BTW, I never had an IROC. I was always a Mustang guy. Generally the guys who had the IROC's wore z cavaricci's instead of parachute pants. Lol!
    The Mustang GT with all the louvers looked awesome, but everyone who knew anything knew the LX notch back was the best. I'm a mustang guy too. I've had several but I do not have one now.... that'll change in about 18 yrs. LOL.

The coolest 80's car though, I didn't think much of them at the time, but now I'm a dad... I want a Grand Wagoneer in the worst way. If you have any remote interest in them, check this guy out;
    http://grandwagoneer.com/

jeep_grand_wagoneer_2.jpg

jeep_grand_wagoneer.jpg
    "Just blame Sixto"

Mother in law had a Grand Wagoneer. It was a beast. My wife was doing about 75 on the highway when a mini pickup truck in front of her lost the brand new, boxed Lazy Boy recliner that was sitting unsecured in the back. Last my wife saw in the rear view was the disappointed Lazy Boy owner scratching his head while pieces of the chair went spinning across the highway. No damage to the Jeep. Maybe the owner bought some tie downs after that, ya think?
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Jeans, T-Shirt,Ball Cap, unless working sounds like comfortable day to day attire to me! I think thats the reason that I cant here so well now is because of the loud music and concerts I went to in my hayday. If I ever want a trip down try to the remember days, I just pull the jar out of the cabinet with all the ticket stubs from all the concerts. I know I was there but
    dont remember much more then that. Was up in the addic the other day and brought down my first cell phone. A Nova Tel Bag Phone!! My kids could not get over it. Dam dad you are getting old. They still have not seen the 8-track,cassett player reel to reel and all that good stuff. Enough reminicing, forgot I have to cook dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Davensquirt View Post
    GEEZ Thanks for bringing up the past, Was I the only Nerd with a Leisure Suit, and Disco was the craze. Scary part is that I owned 2 of them a Lite Blue one and a Burnt Orange one. I swear I will keep them buried where no one will ever find them. Some of you talk about styles coming back, just pray that the Disco Era and the Leisure Suit Larrys never do.
    I guess you and I are the only 2 KOOL ones here, I had 3; brown, green, and lite blue, with the polyester, big collar shirt to match, my sister keeps threatening to post pictures on facebook.

In high school it was bell bottom slacks, square toe pull on boots and every guy had a folding pouch knife on his belt, most carried Bucks, I preferred the Schrade Bear Paw.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    I guess you and I are the only 2 KOOL ones here, I had 3; brown, green, and lite blue, with the polyester, big collar shirt to match, my sister keeps threatening to post pictures on facebook.

In high school it was bell bottom slacks, square toe pull on boots and every guy had a folding pouch knife on his belt, most carried Bucks, I preferred the Schrade Bear Paw.
    How times have changed...
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links