She needs someone who isn't a loser or a hippie. - Page 2

She needs someone who isn't a loser or a hippie.

This is a discussion on She needs someone who isn't a loser or a hippie. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Local bookstores with reading clubs, Museums, Art Galleries, Libraries, Sporting Goods Stores, and one that always catches me on the radio "It's Only Lunch", a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: She needs someone who isn't a loser or a hippie.

Local bookstores with reading clubs, Museums, Art Galleries, Libraries, Sporting Goods Stores, and one that always catches me on the radio "It's Only Lunch", a dating service, not online.

Hey! Let's not forget the local dojos!

Have her look for a church where the pastor takes off for some, or all, opening days. He will surely be able to advise her of any like-minded church members. Remember, even if they are old, they may have sons.

I notice you don't mention the Southwestern liberal village. Please tell us it isn't in California.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK87 View Post
    Well, she *is* kind of high maintenance :D How about a personal ad with something like "Looking for someone who can protect himself, because I don't want to cover you too." "Must be packing something bigger than .380" "Looking for a good man with room in his safe..."
    Good thought, but if he still has room in his safe, he does'nt make enough money.
    DontTreadOnI and Tzadik like this.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by boatail View Post
    Good thought, but if he still has room in his safe, he does'nt make enough money.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Church
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boatail View Post
    Good thought, but if he still has room in his safe, he doesn't make enough money.
    ....and every time someone asks a safe question the "always buy bigger than you need now" comment is made

so, perhaps he just bought it...

-----------------
    as for the picture--
    good posture and a Bersa, how bad can that be?

i bid 5 quatloos on the newcomer
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Maybe she should purposely open up her groups a bit.

I'll play devils advocate here, according to a recent study, LEOs are more likely to engage in domestic violence, so maybe steer clear of the boys in blue.

Want to meet a nice guy? Go volunteer at an animal shelter. Or a soup kitchen.

Or you could be a nice guy like me and steal your ex-best friends girlfriend and marry her. :-D

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    "With great firepower comes great responsibility."

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I think it is best to go to places where you have an interest in the activity. Chances are that others there will at least share that interest. If bars, or church, are not your 'thing', then the probability of meeting someone compatible there goes down. The key is to find places where there are others that you can interact with.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    Rock and Glock and Hoganbeg like this.

For some reason this whole thread has me hearing the beer commercial "Real men of genius"

And that brings me to the list. the list of fine gentlemen can be seen here: List of fine gentlemen

select one, any one would be a fine catch...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK87 View Post
    Her words, not mine :D

She said she was looking for someone in the 22-32 range. I said that at MY house, the range was roughly 5-100 ft and after that I'm fetching the rifle
    Here's one for you :

Ask if they know the difference between a shotgun and a rifle.

The answer : if you mess with my daughter, the rifle is in case I miss with the shotgun.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I'm 24 tall, thin, and handsome. I enjoy long walks on the beach, candle light dinners, ARs and AKs.
    I also attend Mass. I truely enjoy fried chicken and was raised not to beat my wife.

Oh darn I realized I wasn't supposed to apply here.

In all seriousness my generation of males are screwed up and have no hope. Tell her to take her time and dont look for it. It will come to here when the timing is right.
    Last edited by SIXTO; January 18th, 2012 at 09:23 PM.

Tell her to ask if they are from Mississippi.....if they are,she cant go wrong!
    No damn man kills me and lives.
    Nathan Bedford Forrest

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimaRatio View Post
    I'll play devils advocate here, according to a recent study, LEOs are more likely to engage in domestic violence, so maybe steer clear of the boys in blue.
    Risking going way off topic, this is actually not true. It is a common statistical lie. What is true is that when it does happen, it does not go unreported and it typically will make local media. Also, what is true, is the divorce rate among LEO is off the charts. Not many women can handle the schedule and stress that come with being a cops wife., and a lot of cops (young ones in particular) do not know how to manage the opportunity that comes along with a badge.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links