She needs someone who isn't a loser or a hippie. - Page 3

She needs someone who isn't a loser or a hippie.

This is a discussion on She needs someone who isn't a loser or a hippie. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I would tell her to look for a man that shoots a 1911... Hm, I think I'd prefer a woman who was more like a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: She needs someone who isn't a loser or a hippie.

I would tell her to look for a man that shoots a 1911...
    Hm, I think I'd prefer a woman who was more like a Glock than a 1911 in that she's reliable and low-maintenance in the beginning, and throughout the entire relationship; as opposed to having a "fixer-upper". Some guys like to rescue those, me? I'm not that heroic.

OP: I'd start by telling your daughter not to date guys who immediately compare women to firearms.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Risking going way off topic, this is actually not true. It is a common statistical lie. What is true is that when it does happen, it does not go unreported and it typically will make local media. Also, what is true, is the divorce rate among LEO is off the charts. Not many women can handle the schedule and stress that come with being a cops wife., and a lot of cops (young ones in particular) do not know how to manage the opportunity that comes along with a badge.
    What is the risk of going off topic?

584l.jpg

I may have missed it, but can you tell us what liberal town in the Southwest? I have friends in several, although I live in PHX.

Quote Originally Posted by Bchand01 View Post
    I'm 24 tall, thin, and handsome. I enjoy long walks on the beach, candle light dinners, ARs and AKs.
    I also attend Mass. I truely enjoy fried chicken and was raised not to beat my wife.

Oh darn I realized I wasn't supposed to apply here.

In all seriousness my generation of males are screwed up and have no hope. Tell her to take her time and dont look for it. It will come to here when the timing is right.
    Lies and/or bad advice.

Calmly. Neither my wife nor I had been married or had any kids when we tied the knot. She was 31, I was 30. No big hurry. I tell folks I had to wait that long to find the right gal. She tells folks that she married me for lack of a better option.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    For what it's worth, here is my advice. Tell your daughter to first make a list of her personal values. Then, her personal life goals, i.e., marriage & children, marriage & no children, travel, climbing the corporate ladder, etc. Don't forget financial comfort.

After she has her own list, she should discuss it to anyone she feels could be a contender. The point is to not waste time and energy on those who can never really fill her needs.

As far as meeting people, she should involve herself in her own activities and she will meet like-minded people.

I met my wife at the martial arts studio.

Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post

I met my wife at the martial arts studio.

Luck.
    Kung Foo Stuk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links