She needs someone who isn't a loser or a hippie.

This is a discussion on She needs someone who isn't a loser or a hippie. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My daughter moved a while back to a rather liberal town in the Southwest and I've been trying to give her advice on where to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: She needs someone who isn't a loser or a hippie.

My daughter moved a while back to a rather liberal town in the Southwest and I've been trying to give her advice on where to meet "decent" guys- you know, ones I wouldn't shoot and bury in the backyard. You'd think someone who carries, can outshoot some guys and loves motorcycles could find a guy, but no. She works at a hospital.

I told her to hang out at the range, but there really isn't one. I told her she needs to find a cop/military type.

Where should I tell her to hang out that would be a target rich environment? And yes, I recognize this post is highly ironic for several reasons.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Blood bank, lots of guys show up there, and most of them have the right outlook on life. Church is another good place to look. Have her look for a Masonic ring, most of the ones I know are good people. Tell her good luck with her quest.
    babarock likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I would tell her to look for a man that shoots a 1911. These men know the value of good workmanship. They realize that after bringing home the product it requires proper care to maintain it the way it should be maintained. These men know that it is an investment and are not afraid to work at keeping it functioning properly. They know that properly maintained it will last more than their own lifetime and will be a thing of pride to all their offspring.
    These men will work to repair any damage inorder to keep this like new. To grow old with.

Avoid at all costs them guys that shoot them new fangled plastic guns. Those guys are just out for instant gratification. They are just looking for something cheap that does not require any maintenance. These guys just want something to use, not something they will treasure for the rest of their lives.
    These men will trade this in for a new one at the first sign of something going wrong. To them it is not worth working to keep it around. It has no value.
    Keepin it gun related.

Michael

Well, she *is* kind of high maintenance :D How about a personal ad with something like "Looking for someone who can protect himself, because I don't want to cover you too." "Must be packing something bigger than .380" "Looking for a good man with room in his safe..."
    gasmitty and pfries like this.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

The dilemma of the single person. The most popular places to meet people are churches and bars, and I don't want someone that spends too much time in either one - or who isn't comfortable in one or the other!
    rolyat63, 9MMare and GunGeezer like this.

Maybe we need a "DCDating" section of the board :)

I meet girls at coffee shops and grocery stores on a regular basis, but it's a lot different than meet girls at night. I also like city/community type events like local wine tastings. The gym can be a possibility put I've found it to be somewhat trickier than one would think. If one is looking for a target rich environment, then you can't really beat a good bar. Tell her to skip Fri/Sat nights if she wants to get past all the dbags. Weekday nights at bars could be filled with actual alcoholics, but it is more laid back. I go to bars to watch sports on weekdays sometimes because I don't have cable, and I meet people.

I'm neither a hipster or a loser. I'm also pretty good at meeting women, so maybe I'll chime in more if this thread stays popular.

VIP Member
    Church. Yeah, there'll be some geeks and freaks there, but there will also be some young men with their head screwed on straight (who are also looking for the female version of the same).

Whatever you do, don't advise her to find a dude online

GunGeezer likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Administrator
    If she works at a hospital, she should have no problems meeting all kinds of cops and firemen. Most of them are military too. What kinda bikes is she into? Maybe join a local riding club?

I know she is your daughter, but if she is at one spectrum or the other in the looks dept., she is going to have it rough. If she is fat and ugly, she'll have bottom feeders looking for an easy mark. If she is great looking, she'll have to sort through every Dbag looking for a trophy.
    "Just blame Sixto"

IMG_1735.jpg

I know, the Hollywood teacup is a turnoff. I'm unable to provide her proper instruction so far away.

My daughter was seriously dating one guy, that I was hoping she would dump. But, I noticed she would constantly talk about his "other guy" who was a deputy, etc.... and I suggested to her one day, why don't you go out with him ... you are talking about him all of the time ? He had been asking her out and she kept shooting him down.
    She did and ended up marrying him. Her comment to me was, I'm glad I listened to you.

She may listen more than you realize. They typically won't let you know they are listening, so keep at it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

You wrote hippie like it was a dirty word :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK87 View Post
    My daughter moved a while back to a rather liberal town in the Southwest and I've been trying to give her advice on where to meet "decent" guys- you know, ones I wouldn't shoot and bury in the backyard. You'd think someone who carries, can outshoot some guys and loves motorcycles could find a guy, but no. She works at a hospital.

I told her to hang out at the range, but there really isn't one. I told her she needs to find a cop/military type.

Where should I tell her to hang out that would be a target rich environment? And yes, I recognize this post is highly ironic for several reasons.

Her words, not mine :D

She said she was looking for someone in the 22-32 range. I said that at MY house, the range was roughly 5-100 ft and after that I'm fetching the rifle
    pfries and multistage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK87 View Post
    ... You'd think someone who carries, can outshoot some guys and loves motorcycles could find a guy, but no. She works at a hospital.

I can outshoot some girls, I carry, and I work at a hospital - and I'm still a hippy but you'd never notice by my ordinary orderly conduct, my mortgage, my buzzed and properly hatted head and neatly trimmed grey beard and clean teeth, and mostly stable but occasionally crazy family life.

Hospitals are great places to hook up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links