Patrick Purdy and his AK47

This is a discussion on Patrick Purdy and his AK47 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have had trouble finding an appropriate forum for this one. I have often studied what the anti-gunners do and why, and of course the ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By OPFOR
  • 1 Post By l1a1

Thread: Patrick Purdy and his AK47

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar

I have had trouble finding an appropriate forum for this one.

I have often studied what the anti-gunners do and why, and of course the 1989 massacre in Stockton, CA was a really big deal causing all the assault rifle banning in CA. Additionally the antis heaped on with a lot of drivel about the AK47 and how deadly it is "like one shot anywhere in the torso is always fatal", and so on.

In reading about the Purdy incident, I saw where he killed 5 and wounded 30.

Not one single article I could find discussed what a low kill ratio this is!

I mean, we gunners know that the AK47 is designed to wound, not kill, as this is militarily a better way to go -- takes out MORE of the enemy to wound rather than kill.

But don't the antis always talk about "the only purpose of an assault rifle is to kill?"

Looks like, as usual, they have it exactly wrong.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Gotta love them!! Lol

Yes, their view is skewed.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post

I have often studied what the anti-gunners do and why, and of course the 1989 massacre in Stockton, CA was a really big deal causing all the assault rifle banning in CA. Additionally the antis heaped on with a lot of drivel about the AK47 and how deadly it is "like one shot anywhere in the torso is always fatal", and so on.

I mean, we gunners know that the AK47 is designed to wound, not kill, as this is militarily a better way to go -- takes out MORE of the enemy to wound rather than kill.

But don't the antis always talk about "the only purpose of an assault rifle is to kill?"

The AK was designed to be a non-lethal weapon??? By your reckoning, Tuscon proves that the Glock is a non-lethal weapon, as well. Lots of luck getting the lipstick on that pig with the general public.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Mike1956:
    Doctors who work on patients shot with an AK say the wounds more closely approximate pistol shots rather than rifle shots;
    and also the rifle rounds (.223) tend to go right through, and are NOT hollow points.

This wouldn't be tough to explain the general public, if they listened.

Of course anti-gunners have their minds made up.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

VIP Member
    Mike1956:
    Doctors who work on patients shot with an AK say the wounds more closely approximate pistol shots rather than rifle shots;
    and also the rifle rounds (.223) tend to go right through, and are NOT hollow points.

This wouldn't be tough to explain the general public, if they listened.

Of course anti-gunners have their minds made up.
    My mind is made up, too. The 7.62x39 is a very lethal round.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Man I sure hope I don't ever have to kill anything with my AK since it was designed not to kill.

VIP Member
    The entire "designed to wound" myth - while usually applied to the 5.56x45 round - is just that: a myth. Neither the AK nor the AR nor any true firearm was ever designed with the express purpose of "wounding one soldier thus requiring more soldiers to be out of the fight caring for the wounded one." This is on a par with "hit 'em in the pinky with a .45 and their whole arm will be blown off" on the BS meter.
    Naufragia likes this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Senior Moderator
    All guns that shoot a bullet are designed to kill.

Period.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator

The casualty tolls on these shootings make me wonder... was there 5 people shot, and 30 that suffered broken arms, sprained ankles, panic attacks or whatever in the melee that occurs as a direct result to the incident? Who knows... but it does make me wonder.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    This is on a par with "hit 'em in the pinky with a .45 and their whole arm will be blown off" on the BS meter.
    This is less than truthful? I guess I need to stop practicing my 2 in the chest, one in the pinky drills.
    OPFOR likes this.

If you can stomach 30 seconds of MSNBC you'll quickly realize that the anti's have no idea what they're talking about.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Sponsored Links