The Rise of "America's" Gun?

This is a discussion on The Rise of "America's" Gun? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The WSJ review of the latest book on Glock: Book review: Glock - WSJ.com If this improbable success story involved nothing more than technical innovation, ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By mcp1810
  • 1 Post By ksholder

Thread: The Rise of "America's" Gun?

Post The Rise of "America's" Gun?

The WSJ review of the latest book on Glock:

Book review: Glock - WSJ.com

If this improbable success story involved nothing more than technical innovation, Mr. Glock's ascent would no doubt still make for a compelling tale. But, as Paul M. Barrett reveals in "Glock: The Rise of America's Gun," there is more to the story. Much more, including political shenanigans, corporate corruption and an attempted assassination.
    "That I knew nothing [about guns] was my advantage," Mr. Glock said in an interview. He bought a number of handguns and disassembled them in his workshop, examining each component for its function while weighing potential improvements.

2. Remove Ads

Might be worth a read. But I don't know if I would call it America's gun anymore than I would call the Dallas Cowboys America's team.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

It's a good book...good information on how it came to be, great business case study...even if you don't like Glock, it is pretty inspiring.

Dallas IS America's team, you un-American!

I dont like glocks. They dont fit my hand,at least the few I tried. I have heard things have changed with new gens, but I dont like them. I respect them and base everything regarding reliability on them (why i bought my XD-40, Glock tests it passed), but I have yet to find one I'd care to own.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

My copy just arrived in the mail three days ago. Looking forward to the 'read'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Currently reading it on my Kindle.
    RoadKill likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Finished it. I would rate it a so-so read. The author does a pretty good job of chronicling Glock from development through current times, but he also appears to be willing to agree to certain restrictions on rights. It would have been better had the author left out his personal thoughts on gun control and stuck to the facts about Glock and Glocks. I had not realized how screwed up the Glock company has been over time, that was interesting.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

When it says "Made in USA" I'll call it America's Gun, til then the moniker just doesn't fit..
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Alabama Constitution of 1901 - That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

Links