Saw the most idiotic commercial yesterday...

This is a discussion on Saw the most idiotic commercial yesterday... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...speech to text msg. for phones... ...think about it......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Saw the most idiotic commercial yesterday...

Saw the most idiotic commercial yesterday...

...speech to text msg. for phones...

...think about it...
    Guest1, msgt/ret and atctimmy like this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

2. Remove Ads

It really works well, but I get the irony.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Yea, but the blonde was cute!

speech to text message makes perfect sense to me.

I use it, but everytime i do, i cant help but laugh. If your gonna talk why not place a call! Duh. But i do see the need for it. Just think about how many lifes this coulda saved from idiots who dont understand you shouldnt text and drive. So it is literally a "lifesaver".
    msgt/ret likes this.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Administrator
    I always use my old manual typewriter at home to type out the words that I'll want to speak (ahead of time) onto a sheet of typewriter paper.
    That way I don't make any mistakes and I can just read my intended spoken words out loud & they get perfectly converted into text messages on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    I use it, but everytime i do, i cant help but laugh. If your gonna talk why not place a call! Duh. But i do see the need for it. Just think about how many lifes this coulda saved from idiots who dont understand you shouldnt text and drive. So it is literally a "lifesaver".
    One's still got to take one's eyes off the road to read it...plus, there's a little thing called Darwin, that I think we, as a society, are trying much too hard to circumvent.
    wmhawth likes this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I use that feature on my Android phone, but usually only when I'm driving. Other than that rare occurrence, I try to avoid it.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

I think the guy that came up with the Idea got it one day when he "sharted" or encountered fart to poop,same concept,started out as something verbal ended up as something you could see
    Mattmann likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I think the idea is great. I still have the old iPhone 4, but a few friends have the 4s with Siri. I've tried it and it works great. I wish I had it. That way when I'm driving and I want to send a text message, I can just talk to the phone. There are still plenty of reasons to want to text somebody even though you are talking. For example, if I know my wife is in the grocery store and I want to tell her to pick up a few items, it doesn't require having a conversation. It is easier for her to receive a text listing the things I need. Or maybe the person I want to text is in some place that is noisy, or in the library or church where they shouldn't be talking on the phone.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Now that they've got speech to text messaging, I suppose the next innovation will be a text message to speech converter.

Then you'll be able to talk to each other without talking to each other and get all warm and fuzzy from whatever it is that makes people all warm and fuzzy by texting instead of talking??

That thought's probably got Alexander Graham Bell spinnin' over in his grave with logic
    Rock and Glock and Dadsnugun like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebeak View Post
    Now that they've got speech to text messaging, I suppose the next innovation will be a text message to speech converter.

Then you'll be able to talk to each other without talking to each other and get all warm and fuzzy from whatever it is that makes people all warm and fuzzy by texting instead of talking??

That thought's probably got Alexander Graham Bell spinnin' over in his grave with logic
    I'm reminded of a cartoon I saw of two kids sitting side by side sending text messages to eachother.
    Rock and Glock and Dadsnugun like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I always use my old manual typewriter at home to type out the words that I'll want to speak (ahead of time) onto a sheet of typewriter paper.
    That way I don't make any mistakes and I can just read my intended spoken words out loud & they get perfectly converted into text messages on my phone.
    Boy oh boy doing it that way you can kick out about two texts a day?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    ...or perhaps if you are in church or the library you do not want to be bothered.

there are some people who do not have to be connected every second of their life to feel alive.

instant communication, gratification allows for many to not plan; or plan poorly. just as things occur to them they feel the need to
    let everyone know, there are the great many who don't care to know.

--the 'quite car' on the train in Connecticut has overflowed with success.
    people are loving the chance to not be around the cell-phone.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebeak View Post

Already on my Android. My text messages read aloud to me, I speak to return the text.. Just make sure you answer to the right person. Recently told my best buddy I loved him!! Meant for the Lady with a similar name. He answered that he loved me too
    Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links