That crazy NYC gunman that claimed to be a SEAL... Guess what?

This is a discussion on That crazy NYC gunman that claimed to be a SEAL... Guess what? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, at least he will have something to talk about when he gets back....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: That crazy NYC gunman that claimed to be a SEAL... Guess what?

Administrator
    Well, at least he will have something to talk about when he gets back.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by tflhndn View Post
    In my experience, members of many of those "elite" units are under orders to be armed at all times.

The question will be whether this guy was supposed to be armed (according to his command)..
    Really now...what units would those be...under orders to be armed at all times in CONUS.

This is already running in the off topic section. Yeah, he was a SEAL. The question of the day is after this is over will he be able to say he is a SEAL?
    Hopyard, 9MMare and CaptSmith like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Ok when we are being transported armed, usually by coach weird i know, my orders say nothing about armed or unarmed. Now i cant speak for the "elite" units. With ccw, we are not allowed to when on duty status, even in civilians, the only exception is if we have our issued weapons. Now at that point i looked at the Maj. and said "Yea right sir, you try to ccw a M16A2." Needless to say everyone was laughing and i didnt get any punishment as i expected. Lol
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Nah! He wasn't really a SEAL--he was packin' a wimpy 9mm instead of a .45 (Sorry--I couldn't resist)

After his stint in the psych ward I wonder if his buds/team mates will now give him a new team name??? Regardless of a new name or not, he is going to catch a lot of it for some time I suspect..........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Ok when we are being transported armed, usually by coach weird i know, my orders say nothing about armed or unarmed. Now i cant speak for the "elite" units. With ccw, we are not allowed to when on duty status, even in civilians, the only exception is if we have our issued weapons. Now at that point i looked at the Maj. and said "Yea right sir, you try to ccw a M16A2." Needless to say everyone was laughing and i didnt get any punishment as i expected. Lol
    And when you are being transported like that how many civiliians are on the bus with you? How much ammunition were you authorized to be personally carrying? I would bet none. A buddy of mine was recently with 2BCT 1st Cav as (at various times ) S-3 and S-4. Part of his job was getting them and their gear from Ft Hood to various locations for training before deploying. This included getting the shipping containers and seals for the weapons, arranging rail transport for the armor, and arranging rides for the troops. If transport involved non government owned vehicles it was usually chartered busses. The only person on board that was not part of the unit was the driver.

It is not like the military is going to drop a couple of guys and their weapons at the local Greyhound station to get them somewhere. They are way too tight on accountability for that sort of thing. Ask any of the guys that got to spend an extra three days beating the bushes looking for a lost set of night vision goggles, or the guys in North Carolina that came up short on their ammo count.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Gotta wonder unlawful possession of a fire arm in NYC
    Driving a motor vehicle in NYC
    Allowing a search of your POV by NYC
    commiting a vehicle infraction while the above...
    someone outside of your chain of command gets you out of jail...
    Hope this kid has some talent......force reductions imminent....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links