Just three pounds to go...

This is a discussion on Just three pounds to go... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; and it'll be an even 100! Just feeling excited to be this close to my goal and had to share. Actually, my original goal was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Just three pounds to go...

Just three pounds to go...

and it'll be an even 100! Just feeling excited to be this close to my goal and had to share. Actually, my original goal was 185 (which I am now...started at 282), but I realized that just just 3 more pounds would make it an even 100...that just sounds better. Gimme a couple weeks, and I'll get there.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Man that's an accomplishment for sure! Congratulations!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Man I'm super jealous.....I am to 10....lol
    My wife and i are dieting and exercising daily but started 4 weeks ago? So the big question....how did you do it? Life style change?

GM
    That sounds great . Congrats! Just go on and make it even.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Big time congratulations from a fellow weight looser. I started four years ago and took two years to loose 60 pounds. Now at 6 feet tall and 190 and much, much healthier and happier. The benefits from loosing that weight will be astounding --- I'm guessing you already know that.
    Cupcake likes this.

VIP Member
    Congratulations! Keep it off.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment.

JL
    Congrats! Just hit the 20 pound mark here.
    Cupcake likes this.

I've been trying to get to 185 for about 5 years, so far, I'm 190. I guess I'll have to have the last 5 pounds amputated.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    Man I'm super jealous.....I am to 10....lol
    My wife and i are dieting and exercising daily but started 4 weeks ago? So the big question....how did you do it? Life style change?
    For sure, life style changes. Tracking intake...avoiding "diet plans" and rather just choosing changes I can do sustainably. Learning what fast food to eat is huge - there's no way I can do all sorts of cooking and find time to work out...unless I give up the other things (people) I enjoy in life. believe it or not, I never would have done so well with fast food. Be patient but persistent.. Don't mind the fluctuations on the scale - it will go up at times, but this IS a science. Do what you know is right and progress will happen. Hang in there, congrat's on having the courage to start - that's the hardest part. Good luck!
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!

VIP Member
    Awesome! Nice work. I've lost about 25 of the 50 or so I want to drop.
    Cupcake likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Congrats! I lost 60 lbs in about 6 months last year doing a combination of P90X, Insanity, and proper diet. When I first started working out, I couldn't even do one regular pushup. Now I am doing 10 balance pushups on 4 medicine balls! BRING IT!!

Started- 255 lbs Currently- 195 lbs

BF% was 28% now it's 13%

Started with a size 42 waist now I'm a 33.
    Cupcake likes this.

Thanks for the motivation. I plateaud, went back up 15, down 2 now. I am still down 35 or so from a year ago. My routine went to hell end of August '11, still trying to find the groove. Exercise has been hit or miss. I want the love handles gone so I can draw easier!

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    Congrats! I lost 60 lbs in about 6 months last year doing a combination of P90X, Insanity, and proper diet. When I first started working out, I couldn't even do one regular pushup. Now I am doing 10 balance pushups on 4 medicine balls! BRING IT!!

Started- 255 lbs Currently- 195 lbs

BF% was 28% now it's 13%

Started with a size 42 waist now I'm a 33.
    Awesome job! I couldn't do a single pushup either. I started doing mostly weight training and elliptical (and controlling nutrition intake, of course), then did 1/2 of the p90x 90 day program (great program, btw), then switched to long-distance endurance training so I could reach some specific goals (Ironman Triathlon). I was up to 40 pushups and 10 chinups, but because of more focus on endurance and less on strength (and cutting calories so I can quickly drop the last 15-20) I've lost some strength and I'm down slightly from those numbers. I'll get it back after I finish the Ironman and can spend more time strength training again. After years of being in a self-imposed couch-prison (in my case), Isn't it amazing to see what your body is capable of? I LOVE that feeling when I accomplish something that was previously just inconceivable...especially when I realize that it's a walk in the park now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory1022 View Post
    Thanks for the motivation. I plateaud, went back up 15, down 2 now. I am still down 35 or so from a year ago. My routine went to hell end of August '11, still trying to find the groove. Exercise has been hit or miss. I want the love handles gone so I can draw easier!
    Hang in there! Don't be discouraged if you can't do things perfectly...do what you can and take whatever progress you can every day...every week.. big or small makes no difference. Baby steps will get you there, just keep taking them.
    Cory1022 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links