Not my day

This is a discussion on Not my day within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Today is not my day. I have been missing a number of classes lately so I made a point if getting up early today. Got ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Not my day

Not my day

Today is not my day.

I have been missing a number of classes lately so I made a point if getting up early today. Got myself ready and hung out a few extra minutes before driving to campus. when I get outside its a sleet storm. Driving in is going ok. Slow and steady seems to be working out. The metroparks are shut down do to flooding so I have to take a detour. It involves me driving out of a valley and zigzaging a few times.

As I brake for a turn I start sliding. Like a good Clevelander I can handle a little snow so I recover only to start sliding at the end of the turn. This time I hit the side of a honda.

We drive up the hill and pull over. My door wont own so I crawl out the other side. We make sure everything is ok. No injuries.

She proceeds to offer me a jacket since I only had a hoodie and we chat for a bit. No one seems to care that I just smashed up her car.

Cops come and ask for Id and insurance. I give him mine and mention I am not currently carrying. We issue reports and the lady leaves.

While waiting for the tow truck the officer and I chat while I am sitting in the back of the cruiser. The only other time I was back there wasn't as pleasant. shananagans in high school.

Anyhow, we talk cars and schools and some other stuff. he passes on giving me a citation and I jump in the tow truck.

Now I have been through this before. Car stolen twice. I drop the car at a shop, and stop over grandparents to borrow a car. During this time I issue my statement with the insurance company. Spend some time over there drinking coffer and borrow there car.

mines drivable with a new battery so I make arrangements to pick it up and leave it at home for the adjuster.

While sitting at home feeling all adult, since I am such a responsible young man. I decide to wait in the lobby only to realize I left me keys in the apartment and locked myself out. now I am sitting here waiting for my girlfriend to get home and let me in.

Good thing is I have my phone charger so I can access defensive carry. All is well.

Just felt the need to get that off my chest. Busy day.

(please excuse grammatical errors. typing on a phone is a pain.)
    jerp and TheGiant like this.

2. Remove Ads

You need to buy a lottery ticket
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Glad your ok...Buy the lotto ticket like Duk suggested....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Be careful! Things come in threes!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Do not touch yourself or something else may go wrong.

Take this for what its worth, but don't miss class.

Think about how much you are paying per class, and every time you don't make it, you are just wasting that money away.

I made it through college with almost never having to study after class (I worked full time for some of college too). I discovered that just by attending class, paying attention and taking notes, I gained enough info to do well in the classes. IF I didn't make it to class, I didn't do as well, even if I tried to make it up by studying extra outside of class.

So, there isn't really an excuse to miss class.

I won't even get into Clevelander's driving abilities...
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post

Think about how much you are paying per class, and every time you don't make it, you are just wasting that money away.

I made it through college with almost never having to study after class (I worked full time for some of college too). I discovered that just by attending class, paying attention and taking notes, I gained enough info to do well in the classes. IF I didn't make it to class, I didn't do as well, even if I tried to make it up by studying extra outside of class.

Oh yeah. I think you could sense the sarcasm about Cleveland driving. Its mostly everyone cutting everyone else off.

I always remind myself of how much I am spending. Bugs me a bit when I miss a day. Got a little side tracked for a minute. Got to get back at it.

VIP Member
    Glad you are OK, and the Grandparents are there for support.
    Hopefully you'll be there for them when they need you.

Don't beat yourself up too bad; some days your the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

We all have bad days, now and then.
    Tomorrow will be better. Really.

Distinguished Member
    What you're missing in class you're gaining in life experience if you can learn from your mistakes. But remember, class enables you to learn from the experiences of others. Much less expensive that way, no?
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Administrator
    Ahh, brought back memories of Cleveland winters, the metroparks and the valley. Those were good times.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Brings back memories of driving in the snow, and shoveling snow, and driving emergency vehicles in the snow. And carrying patients in the snow.

All good reminders of why I moved to Florida.....
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

One day I may just move to where it is warm. Winter is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Be careful! Things come in threes!
    +1 on that

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post

Agreed on not missing classes. That same philosophy will do well for you at work one day......."not missing work". When I started college I remember someone suggesting that us college students consider each school day an 8 hour day. Your classroom lecture time plus your study time is an 8 hour goal.

Sorry for the unsolicited advice, but that's what old guys tend to do.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links