When you go to the Social Security office, don't.......

This is a discussion on When you go to the Social Security office, don't....... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...wear your favorite GUN hat. We have a disabled friend living with us and I had to stop by the Social Security office to drop ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: When you go to the Social Security office, don't.......

When you go to the Social Security office, don't.......

...wear your favorite GUN hat.

We have a disabled friend living with us and I had to stop by the Social Security office to drop off some paper work and wanted to talk to someone to make sure everything was filled out properly. I took a number and was sitting waiting to be called, the hat is black with an embroidered picture of The Gunny and the word GLOCK, since I do not wear a hat indoors it was sitting on a vacant chair next to me. The uniformed security guy was flirting with a chick behind the counter, then went to sit in a little cubical where he had a glass window so he could watch the lobby when a little old lady came in and he came out to assist her. That was when he spotted "The Hat"; the rest of the time I was there he stood in a corner of the lobby, arms crossed giving me The Stink Eye, never took his eyes off me. As I left I had to walk by him, I just smiled real big and said bye as I passed. Guess I need to get some kind of pussyfied hat to wear when conducting "official guberment bidness"

2. Remove Ads

Sometimes they don't really look at you, as in this incident they looked at your hat. The first time I was ever called for Jury Duty, I showed up in my full Trooper uniform, gun included, they took one look at me, checked my name off the list and said, "you can go home"!
    babarock likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Does this mean I can get out of Jury Duty if I wear my NRA Hat to the Pool? :)
    ccman likes this.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    ...wear your favorite GUN hat.

We have a disabled friend living with us and I had to stop by the Social Security office to drop off some paper work and wanted to talk to someone to make sure everything was filled out properly. I took a number and was sitting waiting to be called, the hat is black with an embroidered picture of The Gunny and the word GLOCK, since I do not wear a hat indoors it was sitting on a vacant chair next to me. The uniformed security guy was flirting with a chick behind the counter, then went to sit in a little cubical where he had a glass window so he could watch the lobby when a little old lady came in and he came out to assist her. That was when he spotted "The Hat"; the rest of the time I was there he stood in a corner of the lobby, arms crossed giving me The Stink Eye, never took his eyes off me. As I left I had to walk by him, I just smiled real big and said bye as I passed. Guess I need to get some kind of pussyfied hat to wear when conducting "official guberment bidness"
    Hell, I get that just for walking in.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

I have been to the SS office several times,I believe that in most cities those guys have got the most boring jobs I have ever seen,and thats coming from an old USAF rivet counter (Security Policeman)
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    My guess is you'd be sent home as fast as the defense lawyers could make it happen...

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    I've found that chanting, guillotine, guillotine, after being seated gets you out of jury duty pretty quick.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

The last time to the SS office, the guard came to me while waiting, must of seen my belt with a folder knife. I indicated that its a tool and not a weapon. He still had me give it to him for holding until my business was over......no big deal but it was the first time anyone ever had me check in my folder knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Sometimes they don't really look at you, as in this incident they looked at your hat. The first time I was ever called for Jury Duty, I showed up in my full Trooper uniform, gun included, they took one look at me, checked my name off the list and said, "you can go home"!
    That one always made me wonder, since they are claiming that there client is a good upstanding law abiding person, why would they not want a jury of there peers? any Joe off the street could be a criminal and see jury duty as an opportunity to put the competition out of business, now a person in a trooper uniform ....................

Perhaps he was a Smith & Wesson guy.

I got the "stink eye" look from the security guard at the local SS office a couple of years ago because I was riding a Harley and dressed accordingly. He must not trust people with beards, tats, poneytails, wearing leather. Talk about stereotyping! I'm a retired federal employee that had a secret clearance, not a freaking 1%er! But he kept his eye on me all the time I was in the office and until I rode out of the parking lot.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Unfortunately, people are so bad at judging people by their looks! My son is a retired Marine and ex-police officer. Granted, he does look a little "red" sometimes, he was out somewhere the other day open carrying (legal in KY) his 9mm on his side, minding his own business when this youngster noticed the gun and said something to his dad. The dad's comment was "he is just white trash son, white trash" and they walked away. My son just chuckled and went on about his business. When he told me the story, I was more upset than he was. WOW! Narrow minded people!

wanted me to sit on a "melicious mischief in the third degree" which in our state is what you get if the LEO cant charge/think of anything else...first question to the jury "pool" was does anyone know what "malicious mischief in the third degree is" ? waved my hand, got accknoledged and answered as above, which is a pretty accurate difinition...everybody was writting my cattlecard number down to "X" me...who ended up setting for it ? old juy who came to the room with a leather bound poetry book (really)and an overstuffed english sweater, white hair and all, and 4 grandmothers...I got the morning off from work...If you dont want to be abused by the court system as a juror..(pay is $25 the day,evrybody in the room is compensated that much an hour)
    just get on record your belief that you are entitled to judge both the facts and the law...you'll never see the inside of the court as a American juror...

Quote Originally Posted by Armey View Post
    The last time to the SS office, the guard came to me while waiting, must of seen my belt with a folder knife. I indicated that its a tool and not a weapon. He still had me give it to him for holding until my business was over......no big deal but it was the first time anyone ever had me check in my folder knife.
    This makes me laugh every time I hear it. They did the same thing to me at the SS office and the District Court when I had business there.
    Wonder what they would of thought if after giving up my pocket knife I had decided to go rambo on them with the heavy wood cane that they let me keep.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmith View Post
    just get on record your belief that you are entitled to judge both the facts and the law...you'll never see the inside of the court as a American juror...
    The last time I got called for Jury Duty I got there on time Monday morning and the room was filled with people. I ran into a old friend so we grabbed lunch and then I dropped here back off and told her I will see you Wed after lunch. What you not coming tommorrow? Nope to many people so I show up on Wed after lunch and as I am walking down the hall. She tells me they just called your name.

OK I walk to the room for the questions. Defense asks. Do you think you would make a good member of the jury?

I have friends and family who are active LEO's and they tell me stories all the time. If the person has made it this far into the Judical process he is guilty and if he did not do it this time he has done something that he was not caught the ohter time so he is still guilty.

Excused. Have a good day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links