Doomsday preppers National geo !

This is a discussion on Doomsday preppers National geo ! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Did any one see the commercial for the new National Geo channel show Doomsday preppers starts 07Feb2012. Meet the Preppers Pictures - Doomsday Preppers - ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Doomsday preppers National geo !

Doomsday preppers National geo !

Did any one see the commercial for the new National Geo channel show Doomsday preppers starts 07Feb2012.
    Meet the Preppers Pictures - Doomsday Preppers - National Geographic Channel
    Looks like it will be Interesting .
    "If you want peace, prepare for war." Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Old Paratroopers never die , we just regroup!!
    82nd ABN DIV.. GOD Bless our Troops!!
    Foward Observer 3/505thPIR - A/319thAFAR
    87-91 "Just Cause - Desert Sheild/Storm"

2. Remove Ads

I saw the commercial, looks pretty interesting. I don't get Nat Geo at home, saw it at a friends house. We like watching "I shouldn't be alive" and shows like that and make fun of the situations they get into. I know, we're awful, but some of the stuff is completely stupid.

Looks interesting. My neighbor should be on the show. He is prepared for anything. Funny thing is, he is 100 pounds overweight, chains five packs of Camels a day, and refuses to drive with a seat belt.

I believe in being prepared, but the zombie apocalypse isn't the only thing that can kill you!

D-Day 2012
    If you've been prepared for the bad all along, no need to worry. If you're thinking this is the big one just now, then you're way behind the times in being prepared IMO. I'll have to check the link. Meanwhile we seem to be worried about gasoline prices, what's more important? Gas or water? Ammo or food? Ultimate survival covers many aspects. Many decisions to be made. Much as we hate to think about it........we seldom see best ways to die while attempting to survive in books or video. Or best ways to spend your cash thinking about the end of the world. Ask someone with cancer how they look at life day to day. How 'prepared' can you be?
    Rock and Glock and JerryMac like this.

I missed the show...I was busy re-packing our food shelves.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Could be much more interesting than about 99% of the trash on the TV now days.

Watched a couple of those little sample videos on the site. Those people do seem interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Could be much more interesting than about 99% of the trash on the TV now days.
    I agree....but what actually motivates folks these days? We might think about that for a bit. Crash courses won't cure 10% and that's out of 100% that feel like watching the video. We simply can't boost the want to in many no matter what we do or how we go about doing it. Simply put.....I've tired of getting the word out since so many seem to want to remain ignorant of the facts.
    JerryMac and Bark'n like this.

A lot of folks will make fun of these people and call them nuts! At the same time they have their heads buried in the sand and refuse to see anything wrong with the way things are going.
    JerryMac likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    I can't wait to see this show. I have a feeling they will be depicted as paranoid whack jobs, similar to the way beauty pageant moms are depicted as psychos in the Tots and Tiaras show.

I'll be surprised if it comes off any other way.
    Inspector71 likes this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Looks interesting. My neighbor should be on the show. He is prepared for anything. Funny thing is, he is 100 pounds overweight, chains five packs of Camels a day, and refuses to drive with a seat belt.

I believe in being prepared, but the zombie apocalypse isn't the only thing that can kill you!
    Ask him to include you in his will.............
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Has got to b better than american idol and biggest loser..... my wife thinks sometimes she will not survive if she misses an episode .....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Those sample vids were damn interesting.

I'd love to have detailed plans for the gas extration contraption and the convertion for the one guy's truck and the pool-green house from another vid.

They also make me feel underprepared with my months worth of food and water.
    I'm set on ammo though.

Will end up like the dumb Moon shiner thing they did. in the end it will be some attempt to make those of us that are prepared but hard times look evil

Administrator
    I just watched some of the video's out of curiosity. Yeah, there is some looneyness going on there... but I have to admit, it intriguing and interesting. The "Wood powered car" and "Self sustaining suburbia" videos are pretty neat.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links