Go Pro cameras

Go Pro cameras

This is a discussion on Go Pro cameras within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was thinking about getting a digital camcorder, such as the Go Pro. I would like to video myself while on my motorcycle, bow hunting, ...

Thread: Go Pro cameras

Go Pro cameras

I was thinking about getting a digital camcorder, such as the Go Pro. I would like to video myself while on my motorcycle, bow hunting, and who knows what else. I have no prior camera/video experience, and also need to know about easy, inexpensive video editing software that would help me out. Any suggestions or input is welcomed. Thanks. Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Go Pros are perfect for bikes, and just about any sport or sport-like activity...I've mounted one on the dash of my Jeep when my cousin was trying his out, made some cool vids. I guess it could be mounted on a bow, but it doesn't have a zoom or anything so I doubt you'd see the target very well in the video (whatever it may be).

Oh, and the new HD models make some real high quality vids.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySkiBum View Post
    Go Pros are perfect for bikes, and just about any sport or sport-like activity...I've mounted one on the dash of my Jeep when my cousin was trying his out, made some cool vids. I guess it could be mounted on a bow, but it doesn't have a zoom or anything so I doubt you'd see the target very well in the video (whatever it may be).

Oh, and the new HD models make some real high quality vids.
    Do you know if they come with editing software? bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Go Pros are very good and have very flexible mounting system. Editing software is not included. The sound on the older Go Pros isn't the best if you are at speed, it may pick up too much wind noise, but I think the newest one has a plug in for an external mic.

I personally use the Contour HD GPS model. I like the contour super easy to use and edit and the mounts for it are insane. Picatinny mounts to mount up to your rifle while shooting competition or just play. I used windshield mounts for my car and motorcycle. I have a mount on my helmet. Great camera. . . But.... The new Go Pro Hero II is worlds better. Many more options for it. I love contour and up until the Go Pro Hero II came out Controur HD had the best camera of this type. I worked at the biggest powersports dealer in the US and we sold a bunch of both.

For editing software the contour comes with it but personally I used Windows video maker or whatever the microsoft one is. It's free and very easy to use.

Links