Crap.

This is a discussion on Crap. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I made a HUGE mistake yesterday. I needed to get to the range to make sure my 1911 was still shooting where it's supposed to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Crap.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen

Crap.

I made a HUGE mistake yesterday. I needed to get to the range to make sure my 1911 was still shooting where it's supposed to since I had a new rear sight put on. No big deal, right?

Well, I also took my Taurus, and got my wife to go with me. That was my mistake. She put 10 rounds through the Taurus and put it down 'I don't like that one". 'What are you talking about? - The Taurus was your favorite, you liked it more than the .357!' (weird, I know) 'But, that one *pointing at the Taurus* pinches me now.'

So, I proceed to have her shoot the 1911. BAD MOVE. 'Ooh... I like this one. It's my favorite'.

Now, it seems that my wife not only shoots the 1911 better than the Taurus (which I find slightly surprising in this instance), she likes it enough that I noticed her eyeballing it while I was reloading with SD rounds and re-holstering.

Now I'm going to have to get another one so she will have one. And she told me that I should sell my Taurus. Pure blasphemy; you do not sell one of your handguns when you only have 3.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

2. Remove Ads

never never never sell a gun, my 2 cents

good luck getting your 1911 back

Dude can we trade problems?
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Good luck, your going to need it..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    Unless you are selling to finance something better.. than, yeah... sell away!!!

I have regretted every gun I sold, so I just don't do that any more.

These days I have been passing old guns I no longer want to my copious number of children, so they don't have to drop lots of money for their and their family's protection.

Aaaaaand, that just happens to open up another nice slot for me to get another gun, sidestepping my wife's banishment from the local gun store under her premise that I "can't get more guns until she gets a bigger house!!!"

Honest, Honey, I didn't technically get "more guns," I just replaced the ones that migrated out!!!

No, she doesn't buy that line for a moment either, but so far so good.

And luckily she has not yet wanted to upgrade from her Taurus .38 hammerless revolver to any of my personal favorites
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Unless you are selling to finance something better.. than, yeah... sell away!!!
    I do like my Taurus. It has great capacity- 11rds .45ACP before reloading with the 12rnd magazine. Since she's the one that mentioned it, I think that was almost permission to buy another gun.

The only real problem there is that she has previously given me permission- in front of witnesses- to find/purchase a motorcycle BEFORE we settle into buying a house. I don't want to push my luck.

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    Definitely not.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    I do like my Taurus. It has great capacity- 11rds .45ACP before reloading with the 12rnd magazine. Since she's the one that mentioned it, I think that was almost permission to buy another gun.

The only real problem there is that she has previously given me permission- in front of witnesses- to find/purchase a motorcycle BEFORE we settle into buying a house. I don't want to push my luck.
    "Better to beg for forgiveness, then ask for permission." Is a motto for guns. "Can't really return them honey!"

Now this is not a motto i follow when dating a PRO2A father's daughter. I see the line, "God forgives, I dont!" Coming out at me.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Administrator
    Your wife is a lot smarter than you're giving her credit for.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'd give her my old one and upgrade!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Your wife is a lot smarter than you're giving her credit for.
    I know just how smart she is. My only problem is that she hasn't yet told me what that permission is going to cost me.

I would LOVE to get another 1911, and get her her CWP. The only problem is that the only real reason I got this one was because it practically fell into my lap. In order to get one with this many 'goodies'/similar quality, I'm looking at almost half of what I would be able to spend on a motorcycle. If not as much as. (Because the next 1911 I get WILL be a COLT.)

Administrator
    Prioritize. I motorcycle will kill ya. A 1911 will save your life. Plus, if you have matching 1911's that has to be good for your relationship, right?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Prioritize. I motorcycle will kill ya. A 1911 will save your life. Plus, if you have matching 1911's that has to be good for your relationship, right?
    Maybe good for the relationship. But the motorcycle is better for the soul. Besides, I already have a 1911.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Dude can we trade problems?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^

It is said, that if we put our problems in a pile with 1000 other people, and everybody knew each others problems, we'd take ours back.

The exception to the "never sell a gun rule" is, only if you buy another one to replace it.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links