Leather, its a sickness

Leather, its a sickness

This is a discussion on Leather, its a sickness within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Remember the first time you picked up your new custom hand made leather holster? Smelled the leather? Squeezed it? Ran your fingers over the molding, ...

Thread: Leather, its a sickness

Leather, its a sickness

Remember the first time you picked up your new custom hand made leather holster? Smelled the leather? Squeezed it? Ran your fingers over the molding, stitches, loops, snaps…everything? There was no other like it because it was hand made just for you.

It was a body without a soul, but you fixed this the very first time you holstered your pistol in it. Remember how tight it was then? Look at it today. Really look at it. Its an old glove that has wrapped itself around you and your pistol. It knows how you draw and it never betrayed you.

I labored over the kind of leather, dye color, stitch color, trim…everything. These were very intimate and personal choices, but I acted nonchalant about it. Now, I could have avoided all of this by simply buying a machine produced holster, but it takes courage to say this is what I want. This is who I am. This is how I want others to perceive me.

In the beginning I was all about which gun manufacturer, what caliber, ballistics, training, what ifs…everything but holsters. Who in there right mind would spend the money for a custom holster when these dollars could be used for ammo, training…important stuff! And besides no one will see it anyway. While true I know its there and its mine.

Its a sickness I tell ya...

That's why men have always been attracted to women in leather because they look, smell, and feel like that new holster in the front seat of the new pickup

VIP Member
    ^

VIP Member
    Leather like wood and metal has soul that just cannot be found in plastic.
    Last edited by msgt/ret; February 3rd, 2012 at 12:58 AM.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Sponsored Links