There goes my guns & ammo budget...

This is a discussion on There goes my guns & ammo budget... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "I promise to love, honor and cherish her; to provide covering fire while she is reloading, and to reload her range ammo..."...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: There goes my guns & ammo budget...

"I promise to love, honor and cherish her; to provide covering fire while she is reloading, and to reload her range ammo..."
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

2. Remove Ads

Wow.. big news for us. Its been a few months now of being engaged. We set a date, put a wedding budget together and have booked the venue already. As for the big news... its not just my guns and ammo budget that's up in the air.. We just found out my fiance is pregnant. I am going to be a daddy! I already play one on TV (already have a future step daughter that I treat as my own), but this is definitely a big step. I am so happy! Timing wise, we're doing it out of order, but it sort of works out as we had already set a date for fall of 2013, so the baby will be born well before the wedding. Of course, we set a date that far out because we wanted to be able to finish saving up to pay cash for the wedding so our finances are going to be an issue with paying for baby stuff on top of all that.

As for my fiance's take on guns... she is "supportive". As long as our other financial needs are met, she doesn't really have an issue with me buying more guns. Its pretty safe to say, our current financial concerns dictate I hold off any major purchases (guns or otherwise) for a while. She is from a very gun unfriendly state, and has not been around guns or gun culture growing up. She has gone to the range with me, but isn't comfortable with carrying a gun herself. She does like my role as the "protector" and that I carry to protect the family. I can't always be there to protect the family, so I have gotten her some personal protection items so she at least has something when I am not around. She generally is really good on SA and doesn't go out alone at night, venture into less safe areas without me, etc, so I am not overly worried.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

VIP Member
    Congratulations!!!

It's going to be a partnership. She gets to do whatever she wants, and you get to help and pay for it.

Now, if she gets into shooting and reloading, and you get into casting and lubing...
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    Congratulations!!!

It's going to be a partnership. She gets to do whatever she wants, and you get to help and pay for it....
    This reminds me of the time my wife called me, from a quilting symposium, and excitedly told me "... it's such a great deal, they are going to give me a $500 trade-in allowance for my old sewing machine...."

Such a deal!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links