Stale Donuts - Page 3

Stale Donuts

This is a discussion on Stale Donuts within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by MotorCityGun I'm very selective about picking my "poison". I call donuts "lard pills" and avoid them, but I call anything made from ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Stale Donuts

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    I'm very selective about picking my "poison".

I call donuts "lard pills" and avoid them, but I call anything made from pork "gourmet" food. Bacon: crisp, yummy.
    Of course by eating your gourmet food, you are eating lard pills by proxy.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

A couple of friends of mine (before I worked for police department thank you very much) had Dunkin Donuts franchises. They sold their overage directly to local farmers. Some guys would pick up at the back door, some guys they would deliver to. They had bakers and finishers working two shifts per day.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    I was hanging in speedway the other day with a few guys I work with and a cop that was working part time in the store when the Krispy Kreme driver came in to switch the old donuts for new fresh ones. I got curious and asked what happens to the old stale donuts? He explained that the old donuts are taken back to KK and put in a large compactor. They compress everything down and load it into a container truck. Then it reaches a plant in Ohio where they dump them, package and all, into a giant bin. Then the donuts and containers are heated up and compressed until it all melts into a sugary paper mess. Once it is done there, it is shipped to another part of the factory where it is mixed with various types of other food and cooked more until everything is mixed together. The finished product is............drum roll please................pig food. I found this all very fascinating and was amazed that they can use something old and stale to make something that feeds an animal that turns into delicious bacon. For what it is worth, I could find nothing on the internet to verify this, but I thought it still makes for an interesting theroy. What do you guys think or can anyone verify it for us?
    I work in a gum factory and years ago any out of date or unsold gun was sent back to the factory. Since gum doesnt really go bad it can be recycled back into a new batch. Well during the unwrapping process all the wrappers and gum that didnt get though the wrapper was packed into totes and sold as "cow chow" they mixed the gum/wrapper in with feed as filler. They dont do this now as there is not a damn thing natural about gum these days except the sugar.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links