Official Superbowl XLVI Thread - Page 2

Official Superbowl XLVI Thread

This is a discussion on Official Superbowl XLVI Thread within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by suntzu Who here is actually sick enough to watch the 5 hour pre game show? No way.... Go Pats........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Official Superbowl XLVI Thread

  1. #16
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,318
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Who here is actually sick enough to watch the 5 hour pre game show?
    No way....

    Go Pats.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......


  2. #17
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,449
    I'll tell you right after the game who I thought was going to win. I KNOW I'm going to be right...I just know it!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

  3. #18
    Member Array ponchsox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    472
    Congrats Giants fans. Manningham made the clutch catch and Welker didn't.

  4. #19
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    Go Patriots! I heard that Walgreens has a Super Bowl sale on Kleenex: Half off to any Giants fan!
    I guess the sale was canceled...
    atctimmy and Bark'n like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  5. #20
    VIP Member Array multistage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NW Iowa
    Posts
    2,410
    Well done, Giants.

  6. #21
    Member Array ponchsox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    472
    Brady clearly isn't what he used to be.

  7. #22
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,429
    Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    Brady clearly isn't what he used to be.
    Right, because he didn't just break Dan Marino's all time single season passing yardage record this season (along with Brees). Yeah, that guy sure stinks.

    He had the second best season in the history of the game this year and it was only second to Brees by a few hundred yards. He guided a team with no defense and no running game to the Superbowl.

    The whole team is Brady to Welker and Brady to Gronk. The rest of the team is sub-par at best.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

  8. #23
    Administrator
    Array SIXTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    19,904
    And he only beat one team with a winning record all season. Brady is awesome.

    Overall, I thought the show was a bit disappointing. The game itself was good, but all the surrounding hype was a let down. The commercials pretty much stunk, and the halftime show was terrible. Every year I wonder why an event as big as the super bowl cannot attract a top shelf act, and instead they have some lame has beens.
    "Just blame Sixto"

  9. #24
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,429
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    And he only beat one team with a winning record all season. Brady is awesome.

    Overall, I thought the show was a bit disappointing. The game itself was good, but all the surrounding hype was a let down. The commercials pretty much stunk, and the halftime show was terrible. Every year I wonder why an event as big as the super bowl cannot attract a top shelf act, and instead they have some lame has beens.
    For the record I can't stand Brady. I think he is a tool. I was just commenting on the "He isn't what he used to be" silliness. He did, after all, play against 19 professional football teams this year and win 15 of those games. IMO he can't be faulted for the weak schedule. You work with what you are given.

    As for the half time show I think I remember that the SB changed the rules for halftime shows after the Janet Jackson boob fiasco. They decided to go with older more conservative acts in order to avoid any more wardrobe malfunctions. The fact that they chose Madonna as a more conservative act is kind of ironic if you ask me.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

  10. #25
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    Fooseball aka professional sports are a joke. Look here at the pretty tv and watch all the spoiled rotten rich athletes play and take it all too seriously and riot and burn things when your team wins or loses. Fight over your teams, get into arguments, vandalize stuff.... all over spoiled rich athletes controlled by rich owners who could care less about you. But keep buying our memorabilia, logoed gear, and overpriced tickets and let your life be driven by our wins and losses. Like a dumbed down non-violent roman gladiator games...... look here not over there as the empire crumbled.

    No thank you. I had a wonderful day hunting fox and bobcat yesterday and didnt have to listen to or see a TV all day or eve.

  11. #26
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,885
    It is a called fun and entertainment. Some would think that to go kill a living creature for sport and call it a wonderful day is a joke also.
    Anubis likes this.

  12. #27
    Member Array ponchsox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Right, because he didn't just break Dan Marino's all time single season passing yardage record this season (along with Brees). Yeah, that guy sure stinks.

    He had the second best season in the history of the game this year and it was only second to Brees by a few hundred yards. He guided a team with no defense and no running game to the Superbowl.

    The whole team is Brady to Welker and Brady to Gronk. The rest of the team is sub-par at best.
    Brady is still a great QB, don't get me wrong. He just doesn't have the invincibility he had when they won 3 SBs. His best team on paper was the 16-0 team that lost to the Giants the first time.

    To make it to the superbowl with the 31st ranked defense in the NFL is impressive in itself.

  13. #28
    Member Array jerp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    West Allis, WI
    Posts
    363
    I was cheering for N.E. just because my team is in the AFC. But deep down my hatred for N.E. is there, and I wanted N.Y. to win. I am happy....
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

  14. #29
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    It is a called fun and entertainment. Some would think that to go kill a living creature for sport and call it a wonderful day is a joke also.
    I hiked about 12 miles yesterday over mountain terrain with gear and weapon. I can see how you would equate that to sitting on your couch watching spoiled athletes play a game and getting all bent out of shape about it.

  15. #30
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,885
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I hiked about 12 miles yesterday over mountain terrain with gear and weapon. I can see how you would equate that to sitting on your couch watching spoiled athletes play a game and getting all bent out of shape about it.
    Ya see, that is the trouble with society,,,being judgemental. Not everyone that watches sports get bent out of shape and burrn vehicles when their team loses. Some like to hang out with family and friends and beleive it or not...most do not go out and burn cars. Conrats on your hike.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors