Will Generation 'Gimme' Work for the American Dream? Eye-opening insight into America

This is a discussion on Will Generation 'Gimme' Work for the American Dream? Eye-opening insight into America within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Will Generation 'Gimme' Work for the American Dream? Eye-opening insight into America's youth - YouTube...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Will Generation 'Gimme' Work for the American Dream? Eye-opening insight into America

GM [OP]

Will Generation 'Gimme' Work for the American Dream? Eye-opening insight into America

"The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

2. Remove Ads

When I was growing up I was taught that we were born with our rights. That no one gave them to us. This has changed in the last few years into the idea that we are granted our rights by the government. It is only reasonable for those who are taught that to assume that if government grants them a right then they also must supply it.
    After all how can the government proclaim that I have a right to home ownership and then refuse to pay for it? Isn't doing so denying my right to own the home?

Michael

WOW...44% getting some form of aid....No wonder people are broke....Geezzzzz
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

I'm not a fan of my generation, and I'll just leave it at that.
    thephanatik likes this.

I work with the "Gimme Everything" youth every day...that attitude is very discouraging to those who grew up working for everything.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; February 5th, 2012 at 09:56 PM.
    hogdaddy, pistola and surefire7 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

When I was in the Air Force earning $80 a month, I got married. I had to work two other jobs just to survive. Full time Air Force, pumped gas and washed dishes just so my wife and I could exist and that is about all we were able to do. We had no welfare, no food stamps, no housing subsidy, nothing. Oh, we're still together, and now days the can't stay together for more than a year or two even with starting out with a brand new house, house full of furniture, two brand new cars, and everything that goes with it.
    pistola and muzzleloader like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I truly get tired of the general masses that want everything just handed to them! o and God forbid they have to work for it. just my 2 cents.;)

<God is the Alfa and Omega>

VIP Member
    Bashing the quality of youth is a practice which has gone on at least as far back as ancient Greece and Rome.
    Somehow, despite their failings, we are all here.

We don't have a gimme generation.

Its funny as heck to watch someone who is 30 years old complain about the youth today; at least it is funny from my perspective, as I consider 30-40 something people children.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post

We don't have a gimme generation.
    No we don't........It's the Obama Generation

"Gonna go get me some Obama money"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    No we don't........It's the Obama Generation

"Gonna go get me some Obama money"
    I thought we aren't doing partisan politics here.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    Just Teabag yammer. Nothing to discuss there.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

New Word: Ineptocracy

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
    Porp and mcp1810 like this.

alfa...good one

Who knows how past generations might have acted if the handouts available now been available back then. Some of us back then didn't even know that we were poor. You simply went without things if you could not afford them.
    I do know that we didn't go hungry. Mom would get out the pressure cooker and can up the carp we caught in the summer and store it away for the winter. Same with excess produce from the backyard garden.

Who know, if someone had told us that we were poor and that others were supposed to take care of us we may not have worked so hard. We may not have been any better than those we have now who refuse to take care of themselves.
    I remember kids in my area who got pregnant and whose parents got together with the other parents to hurriedly arrange weddings because it was expected that these new expectant parents had to take care of the new baby. The new grandparents knew they would have to help support the baby if their kids did not.
    I remember at least in my area a whole lot fewer ******* children. Who know maybe if we had had someone around back then that told us that others should take care of these children and that we shouldn't have to bear the responsibilities of our actions maybe we would have been no different than the ones having babies that they cannot support are now.

We can thank the government for telling us that we no longer should have to pay for our own actions. That individual responsibilities have been replaced with a collective responsibility.

EDIT: I just noticed after posting that some of my text was replaces with asterisks. I just want folks to know that I did not use a foul word or cuss. I was using the term which means children out of wedlock. I was not using slang but using proper language.

Michael
    wmhawth likes this.

There have been good ones, bad ones, smart ones, dumb ones, cute ones, ugly ones, motivated ones, lazy ones since the first rock was thrown at the first lizard in the first cave shelter. What we are seeing now is the same, we just have this new fangled device to share the moment. In the past, however, the dumb ones often got eaten by Tigers, or fell into a pool of water or whatever, and didn't live to procreate. The lazy ones too, the life expectancy was shorter, so the problems self-limited to some extent. That only happens now in a few limited cases, so there is less self-limitation.

It will work out. As more jobs become available and there is more work, it will self-correct I'd guess. I sure hope so, I want my retirement cabin in Minnesota. :)

HS kids and college kids have usually leaned to the left. Getting a job and paying taxes usually made them a little less idealistic. Let time and jobs work their magic.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links