UGLY: BATFEDS are stopping home invasions?

This is a discussion on UGLY: BATFEDS are stopping home invasions? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; BATFE agents stopped an armed home invasion! of a house that doesn't exist, lived in by people who don't exist, to steal drugs that don't ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By CaptSmith
  • 1 Post By mlr1m
  • 1 Post By armycook

Thread: UGLY: BATFEDS are stopping home invasions?

UGLY: BATFEDS are stopping home invasions?

BATFE agents stopped an armed home invasion!

of a house that doesn't exist,

lived in by people who don't exist,

to steal drugs that don't exist...

The question for me is: Did they catch real criminals?

Or did they create criminals; as in fast and furious et. al.? The leadership and hierarchy of the bureau is apparently in need of a real housecleaning...

anyway, Here's the STORY

Thoughts?
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Doesn't sound like entrapment at all, and they got some really bad dudes off the street. I'm fine with that.

Quoting from the story: "and agents say the men agreed to the robbery and discussed tactics, records show. " Good guys don't agree to participate in a robbery, a home invasion, don't illegally possess guns, or do any of the things those arrested allegedly have done.

"Ellis and Barnes said they would "come in like the Baltimore Police" In other words, they are dangerous criminals willing to pose as police officers."

"the three suspects fled on foot, discarding a loaded .38 caliber revolver and a .9 mm handgun. Inside the suspects' vehicle were ski masks, gloves, duct tape and zip ties, records show"

Ah yes, sweet innocent "fellas" who would never have been in trouble with the law had they not been "entrapped." Give me a break.

Let's be thankful these POSs were taken off the street and give BATF investigators the credit they deserve instead of bashing them.

Let's see, they are charged with conspiracy. They fulfilled the elements of that crime and more. 'nough said!

BATF probably saved some folks lives with this sting. Good for them.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Doesn't sound like entrapment at all, and they got some really bad dudes off the street. I'm fine with that.

Quoting from the story: "and agents say the men agreed to the robbery and discussed tactics, records show. " Good guys don't agree to participate in a robbery, a home invasion, don't illegally possess guns, or do any of the things those arrested allegedly have done.

"Ellis and Barnes said they would "come in like the Baltimore Police" In other words, they are dangerous criminals willing to pose as police officers."

"the three suspects fled on foot, discarding a loaded .38 caliber revolver and a .9 mm handgun. Inside the suspects' vehicle were ski masks, gloves, duct tape and zip ties, records show"

Ah yes, sweet innocent "fellas" who would never have been in trouble with the law had they not been "entrapped." Give me a break.

Let's be thankful these POSs were taken off the street and give BATF investigators the credit they deserve instead of bashing them.

Let's see, they are charged with conspiracy. They fulfilled the elements of that crime and more. 'nough said!

BATF probably saved some folks lives with this sting. Good for them.
    Yeah, okay, these were badguys... They were gonna go in like the "Baltimore Police" with a .38 and a nine? Yeah, these here were some dangerous thugs. real perfessional kingpins these were...

Were these guys gonna rob average Joe citizen? No, they were gonna rob other criminals... There were drugs involved...
    These BATFEDS didn't stay any innocent people from harm. They caught a couple of probationers or parolees and one with no priors? gimme a break... If they had been kept (or put) in prison to begin with... they wouldn't have been available to be "stung."

Were they entrapped? maybe, but they'll never get the lawyers needed (read$$$) to deal with it... they'll just cop pleas, be out in a few (if that) and learn some more in the joint...

The only lives the FEDS saved were the lives of fictional criminals... they didn't save a single law abiding decent citizen in this country.
    Me, 9/11/13

Help me out here..just how do get BATF jurisdiction in this case...just what Federal law get Federal agents working "stings" involving drug house's in Maryland..The article has references to a "meet in NYC Pen station, and a drug house in Baltimore Maryland..is that it, multi-jurisdictional cross state federal police..with the BATF ?? really...... ??? geez BATF ??
    Tzadik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmith View Post
    Help me out here..just how do get BATF jurisdiction in this case...just what Federal law get Federal agents working "stings" involving drug house's in Maryland..The article has references to a "meet in NYC Pen station, and a drug house in Baltimore Maryland..is that it, multi-jurisdictional cross state federal police..with the BATF ?? really...... ??? geez BATF ??
    This was my first thought as well. The BATFE is a regulatory agency and should not be used as police. They are also Federal and should not be doing the job of local law enforcement.

Michael
    Tzadik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    This was my first thought as well. The BATFE is a regulatory agency and should not be used as police. They are also Federal and should not be doing the job of local law enforcement.

Michael
    I think we have a BINGO! hold you cards... but let's see...

BATFE regulatory agency... yep
    not to be used as police... yep
    Federal not local...yep

looks like a valid Bingo folks...
    Me, 9/11/13

Sounds like the BATF just interfered with the process of natural selection. Not one innocent civilian benefited. I say let the druggies wipe each other out and save paperwork.

This "Sting" was nothing more than an exercise in the BATF justifying its existence.

Wanna bet Holder did not know about this....he has taken the Seargent Shultz position way too many times..."I KNOW NUTHINK".
    msgt/ret likes this.

Links