Somebody here once wondered...

This is a discussion on Somebody here once wondered... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If it was really "GOOD" when BGs are shot (and sometimes killed) in robbery/assault/home invasion/rape attempts. We're only supposed to shoot 'em In The Gravest ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Somebody here once wondered...

If it was really "GOOD" when BGs are shot (and sometimes killed) in robbery/assault/home invasion/rape attempts. We're only supposed to shoot 'em In The Gravest Extreme, after all.

And, from a human perspective, I suppose it should bother us a little... but then...

Three BGs from Reading admit to "home invasion, armed robbery, conspiracy, and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon."

So, they enter a home, attack and threaten the home owner, and they get five years....

of

PROBATION

One of the BGs was in violation of parole by participating in this home invasion... But that's going to be a separate trial... maybe he'll do some time for that?

Prisons are overcrowded they say... I really beginning to believe they're not overcrowded until you can't close the gates around the inmates.

Anyway, here's the story... LINK

If we aren't going to fill the prisons, maybe the best deterrent is to reduce the potential population of them... they may not go to jail anyway...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I understand what you are saying and agree for some of it.

But, the way you worded the post can be construed we want to by judge,jury , and executioner. That does not make us look good in the eys of many people. My job as a CC'er id to defend my life, property, and family. If I have to shoot I will. But my decison will not be clouded by how screwed up the prison and justice system is.
    dukalmighty likes this.

We definately need less prisons and less prisoners, and by that I mean execute the murderers who have no chance at parole. Our justice system needs some cajones, sometimes it seems they slap people on the wrist and send them back out there to see what else they can get away with. My parents, and I imagine most of your parents, punished me when I screwed up. Most people today would call it brutal, I found that it was severe enough that I didn't make many of the same mistakes twice. I'm forever gratefull to them for that. We need tougher punishment for even the smallest of crimes or the criminals will continue to grow more bold and evil.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I understand what you are saying and agree for some of it.

But, the way you worded the post can be construed we want to by judge,jury , and executioner. That does not make us look good in the eys of many people. My job as a CC'er id to defend my life, property, and family. If I have to shoot I will. But my decison will not be clouded by how screwed up the prison and justice system is.
    Don't misunderstand... I'm not calling for vigilante action... I mean , we shouldn't shoot all the rear seat passengers that are riding in squad cars, or anything like that... Everyone is entitled to their day in court. If it gets that far...

And, really if someone is entering my home, or trying to rob me on the street, I'm not thinking anything about whether he's going to jail or going to get probation, or whether he's a recidivist, or much about him at all... I'm thinking about saving myself from death or grave bodily injury...

If I'm able to do that with the use of a defensive weapon, and some harm should come to the BG as a result... I'm going to worry less about that...

If we aren't going to fill the prisons with the badguys, then the only deterrent is more armed citizens defending their lives with deadly force. I think we're beginning to see that in the increase in gun sales, and even in a portion of the increase in carry permits across the country.

The shame is that the badguys don't seem to see the trend.... it seems as though crime/violent crime is rising... the fact that more Americans are arming themselves should give the badguys pause... But then, that's giving the BGs credit for using their brains, and I'm one who believes that most of them don't... They don't read gunbuster signs, they don't read the paper, and apparently there haven't been enough "Justifiable Homicides" (as in Detroit) to make the "grapevine."

What I am saying is that it IS good when a BG is taken out of the gene pool, out of the increasing prison population, and given no chance to become a recidivist.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That is what I knew you meant. I was just talking about some anit trolling on the site and saying"Huh! They are vigilantes!"

The best justice is them getting shot at the scene; the judge can't take that away

Detroit for example the number of justified shootings is up 79% I would think if I were a punk BG in that city I'd really think twice about trying and roll someone or armed robbery. Of course there are those who are just to plain stupid be it drugs or plain stupidity who will try something and end up becoming the next statistic. I'm amazed that the media has announced the numbers in a positive light. Neighborhoods are fed up with the crime and violence, and over time the number of violent crimes will start to come down.
    pfries likes this.

We don't have a justice system anymore, it's a legal system.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd taken better care of myself when I was younger

VIP Member
    I like a prison system that wakes the prisoners up at 0430 hrs daily and shows them a rock mountain. The guards hand the prisoners hammers and tells them "see the mountain? Your job is to make gravel for the next 16 hours." They should get 3 squares of beans and rice with sausage added on Sundays.

Such a prison system would not likely have people trying to get in.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

It is rather a sad state of affairs when we think that repeat offenders are better off dead than in prison.

The feeling comes from the repeat performance of criminals who are in and out of jail so many times it makes one's head spin.

It has come to the point that some cannot or refuse to be "rehabilitated" and just go back to crime no matter what the penalty is, until they get killed in the process of selecting the wrong victim.

I am not an advocate of killing anyone, but it has come down to the matter of "we have had enough" and sometimes killing an offender who keeps offending no matter what is the only answer.

Just last night, my neighbour came pecking on my front door to tell me her dad saw someone sneaking around the front of their and our house at 6 am while he was getting the newspaper. The thugglett decided to hightail it towards the other neighbours house and run away.

I went over after awhile to the other neighbour to warn them, he works for a prison in Kentucky and she is disabled/stay at home lady. We all agreed that sometimes if we have to shoot and kill an intruder, that is the only answer due to their drug addiction or overwhelming desire to steal anything not nailed down.

I just hope and pray that I NEVER have to do that, put push come to shove, the critter attacking me or breaking into my home is going to pay dearly for it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    With sentencing like that the judge deserves to be removed from the bench and a real judge either be appointed or elected.
    pfries likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    It is rather a sad state of affairs when we think that repeat offenders are better off dead than in prison.
    I don't think they're better off dead than in prison. I know they're better off in prison. Frankly, I could care less where or how they are better off.

I just think society's better off without them in it.

We are "mad as heck, and most of the decent citizens are not going to take it much longer "
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

During my experience with an armed robbery, I was not allowed the opportunity to say "Excuse me gentlemen but can we discuss your expectations of this robbery over some tea and scones?"
    Fourtunately they were there for the quick in and out robbery. They had no desire to make an attention grabbing scene in a semi-public place. Another customer pulling in the parking lot would have complicated things.

In a home invasion, intruders are entering a private residence where the only frequent visitors are you and maybe some family members. Someone brazen enough to risk entering a house when your home, must have a plan for dealing with you. Its possible they don't want to kill you. Just take your money and run. Maybe grab some shiny things for cash at the pawn shop. Or, they might want to sodomize you after they have been on a 3 day crack binge.

We don't know and who would want to discuss such a subject over tea and scones at a time like this? When your castle has been intruded upon you know first hand in your own individual situation if deadly force is needed. When the fear for your own life hits you it usually comes with a genuine adrenaline surge of authenticity.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

And, from a human perspective, I suppose it should bother us a little... but then...

Well, you are correct. It bothers me little when they get shot and killed as a result of their life of crime.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I still think they should bring back public executions. It would create jobs.. executioners, clean up crews, stage builders, etc. Constant, visual reminders of what the consequences are would have a serious impact on the crime rate, atleast for felony 1's and 2's, and it would be no more inhumane than watching a paralyzing agent run through an I.V. into your veins, IMO. I say no more chronic 6.
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links