Father shoots daughter's computer

This is a discussion on Father shoots daughter's computer within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Didn't see the video but the guy is a moron. That was not good parenting or punishment, it was retaliation and reveals the guy for ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Father shoots daughter's computer

Didn't see the video but the guy is a moron. That was not good parenting or punishment, it was retaliation and reveals the guy for the reactionary fool that he is. I'm sure he really showed his daughter a lesson.

Makes me wanna say, "Be a man, parent your children, don't paint gun owners in an unflattering light!"
    Ishmael likes this.

2. Remove Ads

hbc
    Saw the video. Parents everywhere can relate.

I can certainly relate to the feeling, but the action was ill-conceived. Can anyone suggest that a firearm is an appropriate parenting tool. Mr. "I work in IT and you should know better" has a thousand resources in order to lock down Miss Things laptop never mind confiscation, grounding, etc.
    Last edited by l1a1; February 10th, 2012 at 09:56 PM.

The Father showed his disrespectful daughter that for every action there is a consequence; Personally I would have used a sledge hammer (only because .45 ammo is godawful expensive), but nonetheless Dad got his point across. Everybody can preach the "be the bigger man" BS, but unless you are in the ring fighting the fight, you don't know what motivates the father in question to do something like that. I sympathize with him because I had a 15-year old stepdaughter who was exactly like that - Even calling the police one time to "turn me in" for bad parenting. The whole thing backfired on her, but that wasn't the end of it. When she started driving, I set out certain responsibilities she had to maintain her vehicle, telling her that if she destroyed the car, she would be walking until she earned the money to buy another one. Obviously, she didn't listen to me and when the car had to go to the scrap heap, she walked for the next 2 years until she was in college. 5 years later she graduated with her Master's degree in accounting, got a job and just a few months ago bought her first brand new car........

And needless to say, that car stays squeaky clean and well maintained...... Thus endeth the lesson Grasshopper......
    ccman, SIGguy229 and JoJoGunn like this.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

My buddy showed me this am on his cell phone. Both he and I thought it was good fun, but afterwards I mentioned that I would have used a bfh (big hammer) or a 12ga with 3" 00 buckshot. Let the anti's think what they will.
    Last edited by SIXTO; February 13th, 2012 at 01:11 AM.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

The guy seemed like a nut to me. I'm guessing this was done more for his pleasure than to actually teach his daughter a lesson.

I'm surprised no on has mentioned that he takes out his 45 and shoots "exploding hollowpoints" into the computer with vehicles passing on the road
    what looks to me to be no more than 100 yards away.
    l1a1 likes this.

I don't have ANY problem with a parent appropriately punishing his children and teaching the important life lessons. My problem is this looked to me a lot like retaliation. That being said, I am not the father of a teenage girl! In time I may find myself as the subject of a similar "What a Jackass/Good for him! sort of thread.

I just don't think that firearms have any place in appropriately applying punishment. Maybe FDISK or DBAN would have been just as effective in making a point without advertising how much of a childish douchebag you can be when having a battle of wits with your daughter. My kids are not to that age but I don't relish the idea as I'm sure they are both smarter than their dad. :)

Was the .45 a Ruger?

As a parent, I have to love this guy!

Reminds me of the old saying, When all you have is a hammer everything starts to look like a nail.

Somebody needed to publicly even the score for the maximum drama factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Great, he's exactly like what anti's think gun people are like.
    So? They have their preconceived notions anyway, nothing we say or do will make them change their minds. Every gun is evil, and every gun owner is just waiting to snap and shoot someone.

I say bravo, the girl did need to learn a lesson. At first I agreed with the people who said he shouldn't have shot it, but after a little more thought, why not? He paid for it in the first place, she was disrespectful and whiny about things that most people do every day with little thought and frankly sounds spoiled. Maybe this will be the wake up she needs.

To those that posted about him shooting towards vehicles, were you referring to a subway or something, because all I saw was a laptop on the ground and rounds fired into the laptop/ground.

The only thing I would have done different is use a Glock 17 with a 33rd magazine full of Corbons and make her pay for that!
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Jerry Springer show in the future for this family. The repercussions of this video will come to bite this family in the behind... lesson to learn....... Keep the personal family issues, complaints, and gripes within the walls of your home and not posted on social media outlets. NOW.. where do I get these exploding 45 hollowpoints! P.S. Grouping could have been a bit tighter considering the three foot shooting distance.
    l1a1 likes this.

Wonder how far the apple fell.
    Ducmonster and DocPMD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I agree with the punishment method, just not grandstanding with it on youtube. Keep it in the family.
    My understanding is that it was specifically done publicly because the daughter has done this twice on FB, publicly. It probably got on youtube after the fact. I believe it went up on her wall originally. And he told her he would shoot her laptop the first time. Regardless, I doubt she forgets it any time soon.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Administrator
    It had a lot of visual impact & Hey I love guns but, taking the laptop wiping it clean and having her donate it to some worthy place would have set a better and more mature Fatherly example.
    l1a1, tkruf and DocPMD like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links