Father shoots daughter's computer - Page 3

Father shoots daughter's computer

This is a discussion on Father shoots daughter's computer within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; better the computer than the daughter...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Father shoots daughter's computer

better

better the computer than the daughter

Do you think this will enlighten her and bring them closer together? This is an example of parenting skills at its worse. Backwards thinking.

Lesson learned is if you don't get your way just... pull out your gun and shoot it.

Total fail on his part and his daughter has,again, learned nothing.

The daughter has developed this attitude of disrespectful arrogance for many years prior to this event which is HIS fault. She is a product of her upbringing. Had this child been brought up with a clear understanding of values and work ethic this ridiculous display of parental retaliation should NEVER have happened.

Mr. Bigshot used a gun as a display of power which will teach her nothing other than a confirmation that her father is, in fact, an a- hole.

Thank God I didn't have a father like him.
    l1a1 and atctimmy like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Definitely entertaining, even if not worthy of emulating.

The father a moron? Maybe so, but the daughter is a twit and was warned. She called her dad's bluff and he responded as he said he would. She wanted to publicize her "tough" life, but the lesson she learned is that the Internet is an open stage where everyone can get a walk-on, even parents. Make your beefs public? Be prepared for the rebuttal. Case closed.
    SIGguy229 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    This daughter will now be on her way to a street corner or dancing stage near you. Rebellion in its most intense form.

Of course, assuming this is even a true story. Could just be a man wanting some fame.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

A shotgun would have been more fun. Pieces flying everywhere!

While amusing it was the wrong way to deal with it IMO.( Every parent is different so I ain't going to judge). But IMO he taught his daughter that destroying something that is useful is OK to make a point. He could have donated it to charity, a school, church. Maybe give it to a friend. By putting it on facebook to embarras her not only in front of her friends but the world is wrong. What lesson did he teach her, revenge. What she did was immature and disrespectful. What he did was immature also.
    My 02 cents

Oh, makes gunowners look like idiots.
    l1a1, Ducmonster and Ishmael like this.

Dad just made the statement, I am tired and not going to take it anymore.
    Good for him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    Keep your powder dry

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    This daughter will now be on her way to a street corner or dancing stage near you. Rebellion in its most intense form.
    Ironically, from what I've read this is the top comment people posted on her dad's page. I love how people automatically jump to that conclusion.

Anyway, I read a follow up (I'll see if I can find it) from the dad that said he and his daughter had a long talk and they are all good.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

yes, I read the follow-up as well. I was a little bewildered as to why he needed to YouTube it, but he says that he uploaded it to Youtube because he wanted to post it to his daughter's Facebook wall for her friends and their parents to see, and youtube is an easier upload than facebook, or something like that. He didn't intend for it to go to the general public and go viral.

He also said that while his daughter initially was upset, she was over it and dealing with the consequences very well the next day.

The part I found funny was where he said he was using exploding rounds....

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post

Of course, assuming this is even a true story. Could just be a man wanting some fame.
    Well her folks did tell her to get a job..... that is a job the last time I checked.
    deadguy likes this.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

It always amazes me to see how videos go viral. This one has all the right ingredients. Appeals and relates to a wide audience - both kids and adults. Triggers a nice emotional response. Creates controversy and mixed opinions. If intentional, I say bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Great, he's exactly like what anti's think gun people are like.

Exactly.

Keep the ball rollin'!

He bought it, he warned her, he shot it...no problem here.

I probably would have sold it or given it away to a much more worthy user in need of a computer.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If you have never had a teenaged daughter, then you have no idea what they are capable of. The saying goes" walk a mile in my shoes". He warned her once, she did it again. My daughter was a terror as a teen, when she started college we were bad parents and she had to get away from us because we were the devil! I told the wife to give her the space she needed, the daughter made some mistakes, several years pass, she started to see the light, she married a guy that had a terrible childhood, first thing he said to her after meeting us was " I wish they were my parents". The daughter now is happy, responsible, graduating with her masters this spring. She has stated on several occasions in the last few years how she is so glad of the way we brought her up.

ANY kid can get rebellious, is does NOT mean that someone is a bad parent. I applaud this man even though I thought it was stupid (and entertaining) posting it on Facebook. he fired his 45 in a safe manner directly into the ground, but skeet with a 12 gauge would have been funnier...... PULLLLLL!!!!!!!
    Porp likes this.

Well now the police and child protective services are involved.As I expected. Any moron with a camera and a youtube/facebook account nowadays....

YouTube Dad who shot daughter's laptop says he got visit from... | www.wsoctv.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links