Pro-gun newspaper comic: Judge Parker

This is a discussion on Pro-gun newspaper comic: Judge Parker within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not sure how many comics readers there are here, but I've been tickled by what I can only call a "guns are normal" storyline in ...

Thread: Pro-gun newspaper comic: Judge Parker

Pro-gun newspaper comic: Judge Parker

Not sure how many comics readers there are here, but I've been tickled by what I can only call a "guns are normal" storyline in the newspaper comic Judge Parker. Right now, they are in the middle of a mystery in which an unknown Saudi man has been killed in whatever town they live in, and there are overtones of international intrigue. Whatever--what's interesting is just how normal all the main characters seem to consider gun ownership. A woman implicated in the case has a shotgun and two pistols in her house; the judge and a lawyer character are always going to the range; one character is always telling the other "your gun belongs on your belt" (in response to the shady goings-on); and just yesterday, one of the men's secretary, an elderly looking woman, thanked him for her "new .38," which she "just loves" and has just taken to the range.

Here's a link to the online page: Judge Parker | Comics and Games - seattlepi.com

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to go back to any earlier strips, maybe it is malfunctioning. But if you go today, you'll see the two men talking about how "guns make those people nervous" when one of them suggests checking their guns at courthouse security.

Wonder if this is leading to any protest actions anywhere.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Check out daybydaycartoon.com
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Links