NH 14 yr old shoot self at school

This is a discussion on NH 14 yr old shoot self at school within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Soooo sad... NH 14-year-old shoots self in face in cafeteria...

Thread: NH 14 yr old shoot self at school

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

I can't help but wonder how he got the gun.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I can't help but wonder how he got the gun.
    Agreed. However, with his 7th grade "relationship problem" one wonders what he was doing with a gun at school.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

DC
    Really sad story. I can't understand why he would have decided to shoot himself in the cafe. Was this an accident or a horrible way to get attention? And all from relationship trouble, really, at that age. If it was intentional I'll guess there were other issues that combined lead up to this.

He won prizes at school.

Yep, I guess he won "First Face"...

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

This could have been a much different story. Girl friend problems and brings a gun to school? Very smart?
    A 1st grader would be different, but a 14 yr. old knows what he is doing...he should be expelled...would be in our district.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; February 11th, 2012 at 05:44 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yikes, this is about 45 minute drive from me. I know the town. Small community. Very sad.

Hope he recovers from this and all the students get any help that they need. This stuff mushrooms if not handled well by faculty and family.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Very sad, Prayers to him and the family.

14 yrs old.... and shoots himself in the cafeteria of an "elementary school" ...... that doesn't compute.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    14 yrs old.... and shoots himself in the cafeteria of an "elementary school" ...... that doesn't compute.
    And they interviewed a 7th grader too. Sounds like one of the mega schools, maybe. Terrible.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    And they interviewed a 7th grader too. Sounds like one of the mega schools, maybe. Terrible.
    Walpole Elementary houses grades 5th thru 8th.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

I've never been one to jump on the bandwagon complaining about the violence on TV and in video games these days, but I've got to say that when I was 14 yrs old (a long time ago), it would never even have entered my mind to shoot myself. Makes me wonder. Feel bad for the boy and his family. They are going to have a long road to recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by DocPMD View Post
    I've never been one to jump on the bandwagon complaining about the violence on TV and in video games these days, but I've got to say that when I was 14 yrs old (a long time ago), it would never even have entered my mind to shoot myself. Makes me wonder. Feel bad for the boy and his family. They are going to have a long road to recovery.
    I can't relate to the situation but that is because I grew up in Boston and I thought guns were only allowed in TX LOL. I mean, I would not even know where to get one. That said, I can't think of one time growing up that things got that bad I would kill myself. Broke a knucke or two once punching a brick wall over a girl. Can't remember if she was breaking up with me or I was trying to impress her Either way I didn't see her again. I hope the kid comes out OK but a shot to the head at that age is going to be a very hard road back.

Links