One of the Preppers declared mental.......

This is a discussion on One of the Preppers declared mental....... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Saw this, and thought, what if you refused medical attention ( for what ever reason ) what would you do??? Doomsday Prepper Declared Mental Defective…. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: One of the Preppers declared mental.......

One of the Preppers declared mental.......

Saw this, and thought, what if you refused medical attention ( for what ever reason ) what would you do???

Doomsday Prepper Declared Mental Defective…. Government confiscates his Guns
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

2. Remove Ads

Interesting. My thoughts, after watching the video: He is probably suicidal. His words were chosen carefully to mask his true feelings. "I cant commit suicide, i'm Christian". IMO, he's not saying he doesnt WANT to. He's saying he "cant", which is very different. Towards the end (last 3 minutes or so), you really start to realize what state of mind he's in. He's giving away his possessions, and again states "what reason do I have to live?". As much as it sucks, there would be liability on the part of the doctors and the state if his guns were not taken away. Not much choice in the matter.

I'm sorry it happened to him that way. I'm not a psychologist, and cant make any sort of diagnosis, but i've interviewed enough people to recognize the word games and deception. He's probably a decent guy, but finds himself over his head. He needs help.

Administrator
    Unfortunately there are both internal and external versions of Doomsday.

I saw the show and it was pretty obvious that he had some fairly serious physical and mental health issues.
    His lights were on upstairs but, there was nobody home.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

This guy seems to me to have plenty of sense,,,, his rights have been violated by everyone
    doctor, sheriff, lawyer, judge and he seems to be in the position where NO ONE REPRESENTS
    HIM ,,,,, but HIM.

Another example of EXTREME OVER REACH by the bureaucracy. I guess we could all
    be put into his place if you let the WRONG PEOPLE KNOW you had ANY TYPE OF
    DOOMSDAY PLAN. Wish him the best. I guess this just shows the direction our
    nation is HEADED. What ever happened to PROBABLY CAUSE.

I do basically agree with him ,,,,, if you WANT TO KILL YOURSELF
    there is very little anyone can do to STOP YOU,,,,, you do not
    need a gun. I guess the gentlemen below could have be committed
    for his plans by the British.

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. ~ Benjamin Franklin
    paching likes this.

Welcome to REALITY TV
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    For those who disagree with this I'll remind you of the outrage we all felt when the authorities didn't do their job and a KNOWN whacko shot a Congress Woman and killed a couple others. We all complained about preventing these things when a guy is known to be nuts. it appears to me that this guy was nuts.
    kb2wji and SIXTO like this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Administrator
    He seemed decently OK in the above VID link.
    I based my (above Post#3) comments not on that vid but, how he came across on the Nat Geo TV show/series...AKA "Doomsday Preppers"
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Take what you see on TV with a grain of salt.

I watch his youtube vids regularly,he seems like a normal guy.I hope things work out for him.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Administrator
    I haven't watched any of his YouTube videos. Maybe I'll watch some next week. Right now I'm already 2 Gigs over my monthly 4G limit.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Just keep your day gig.

This reminds me of "Invasion of the body snatchers. "You're next!"
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

While I will rent a movie every now and again, this is why I do not watch TV. Ever. Not even the news. Gimme a book any day of the week.
    Hoganbeg likes this.

He seems to be okay imo and he's right about nobody "wanting" to commit suicide. Had he wanted he would've done it and nobody could've done a thing about it. I wish him luck...It must suck to lose your weapons to a bunch of desk loving seat warmers.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

My takeaways are 1) don't do reality TV shows 2) don't joke with people in positions that can screw with your life and 3) if you are thinking about it keep your mouth shut unless you're really looking for help and expect to have your world irrevocably turned upside down.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

I watched the NatGeo programs and didn't think this guy was any "stranger" than some of the other preppers. They all came across as a little strange the way NatGeo presented them! I'd bet 99.9% of us on this forum would come across as "a little strange" if we were to appear in a "reality" show!

"My God Homer, that there guy has 6 hand guns and 4 rifles and 2 shot guns! He has to be insane! Probably going to go on a rampage and start a civil war!!!"

I don't believe ANY TV producer is going to try and present FACTS. They are out to produce a "show" that will grab the attention of the audience, raise their ratings, and generate revenue from sponsors--period!

I feel sorry for this guy. I don't think he is suicidal, but even if he was, it should be his own damn decision to not live with tubes sticking out of him!!! I'm tired of the government telling everyone how they have to live their lives, and even that they have to live!!! Are they going to take away all the knives in his house because he may cut his wrist? How about the glass in his windows? Take away his car--he may run it into something! Put him in a straight jacket in a padded cell so he can't hurt himself!!!! BS!!!!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links