Idiot neighbor advice please... - Page 3

Idiot neighbor advice please...

This is a discussion on Idiot neighbor advice please... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If he blows himself up on your vid, please link to the youtube of it....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Idiot neighbor advice please...

If he blows himself up on your vid, please link to the youtube of it.
    QKShooter and Spade115 like this.

I've learned to pick my battles as I got older. This guy does'nt intimidate me, although his popularity does. I've seen it work before. I'm patient , also a believer in karma. This guy is'nt all there, not gonna provoke him. I'll tolerate it for now. But if I run into the right LEO I'm gonna fill them in on his behavior, let the chips fall where they may.Next time we move I plan on checking out my neighbors before signing..Lesson learned...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

If you can't beat'em...join'em. Sounds like fun. Explosives mixed with drunk, deliverance type rednecks. All that hoot'in and holler'in just makes me want to belly flop into a pile of mud.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

when did he stop beating his wife ??

His woman left him, took their kid and married another guy. Probably his drinking, my best guess. His girlfriend does'nt come around much now either. I'd feel sorry for him if he was'nt such a jerk to us.One example of many; Being new here , not knowing anyone. I asked him if this guy whom I hired to remove scrap metal was good to go. He assured me he was. Long story short, that family all into burglary/theft who targeted us for quite awhile. Coming by my home immediately after I'd pass their place. We had a nice welcome to the area. The first 3-4 yrs were the worst, pretty stable now...finally. Yeah move, working on it...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    It never gets dark where you live?
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    You have 1 other option...............MOVE.
    That was my first thought too! Why be wedded to a piece of real estate if it just makes for an unpleasant life? I don't like the idea of "up and running" any more than the next man, but you really do seem to be in a no-win situation. There are lots of good houses available with normal neighbors. Most people are good neighbors, but unfortunately dumb asses have a right to live too (although sometimes they are too stupid to live, which may eventually be the case with this one...) Just move to a better location and enjoy the luxury of not being bothered by him...

OK, this guy does have Darwin written all over him but a couple of questions. The only thing in your post about contact with him was you saying he was impossible. Have you asked him to stop at all? I did not see that in the post. I am asking because if he was having parties and blowing up trash bags before you showed up it is probably the norm for him. If it is such a close community and he is "friends" with the LEO's, I am sure they know of his activities. I guess what I am saying is, have you ever told him that blowing up the bags is annoying?

Window glass is what will break first.

Some places have noise ordinances, but unlikely in rural.

It will get old for your neighbor eventually.

If it gets too bad the federals will not be his friend.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Anonymous tip to Dept of Homeland Security? I mean, he is setting off explosive devices. Doesn't Big Sis say "see something say something"? You really don't know what he is up to, do you, if you get my drift.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Anonymous tip to Dept of Homeland Security? I mean, he is setting off explosive devices. Doesn't Big Sis say "see something say something"? You really don't know what he is up to, do you, if you get my drift.
    I can not believe you are advocating that. Now Homeland Security is our friend. That is just wrong. He needs to tell the neighbor what he thinks if he already hs not done so. If it not, go to local LEO and then State. OMG, he thinks the guy is a jerk, not a terrorist. Welcome to Nazi Germany y'all

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Aceytylene 'bombs' are pretty much just big noisemakers (with a nice big flash)

Explosives (leaving aside the thermonuclear types) detonated in air don't do all that much damage because air isn't dense enough to propagate the destructive shock waves. Put the same explosive in the ground or in the water, and you'll get a lot more damage.
    ...Unless, of course, you're worried about that ruptured ear-drum or blood vessel thing... sound waves ARE shock waves, and though they may not damage a structure, a human body is very fragile comparatively.

Noise/shock waves can result in hearing loss, vision loss, and anuerisms. And the effects are cumulative: while one explosion may not result in any noticeable damage, repeated exposure to such explosions could result in long-term problems...

all the other neighbors are ok with this? you said "the concussion replicates about a two block C-4 demo charge" and your the only person in the neighborhood that has a problem with this..not a neighborhood i'd want to live in,get out soon as possible

What about talking to one of his buddy cops on the force. If you know who one of them is, you have to assume if they would not want to risk their job by being there and allowing him to do it. Just ask the guy to speak to him as a friend and informally, because you didn't want to make it an official police matter.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Although this wouldn't be a first choice, I do think that sometimes what you become aware of is the tip of an iceberg. People who don't obey the law in one area (deliberately) don't obey it in other areas and with equal deliberate action. Are you absolutely positive that the boom you hear is from the sort of balloon bomb you mentioned and not from something
    else he plays with?

We've got hundreds of state and Federal laws this guy is ignoring; you can almost bet he has other stuff going on or he is just a total "blip" who needs to grow up. Either way, you don't know for sure. That's a good reason to let the authorities in on it by following the "see something say something" rule.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links