Idiot neighbor advice please... - Page 4

Idiot neighbor advice please...

This is a discussion on Idiot neighbor advice please... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Hopyard Although this wouldn't be a first choice, I do think that sometimes what you become aware of is the tip of ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Idiot neighbor advice please...

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Although this wouldn't be a first choice, I do think that sometimes what you become aware of is the tip of an iceberg. People who don't obey the law in one area (deliberately) don't obey it in other areas and with equal deliberate action. Are you absolutely positive that the boom you hear is from the sort of balloon bomb you mentioned and not from something
    else he plays with?

We've got hundreds of state and Federal laws this guy is ignoring; you can almost bet he has other stuff going on or he is just a total "blip" who needs to grow up. Either way, you don't know for sure. That's a good reason to let the authorities in on it by following the "see something say something" rule.
    I tend to agree with ya but on this a big no. The OP is not suspicious of this guy. He is annoyed. This forum is finding reasons for him to be suspicious and go to the feds. There is a huge difference. If he felt the guy is a budding terrorists he should have already called the feds. Again, let us stop putting thoughts in the guys head. He has a jacka** for a neighbor and we do not know if he even asked him too stop.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    All good advice guys THANK YOU, and I have weighed this for awhile now. Except the proverbs reference which I'll look up following my coffee. I'll keep trying to get video, problem is its always at night so no positive ID is possible. Except it is being conducted on his property at his party's. That should be enough, and it is clearly manufacturing an explosive device. Maybe classed illegal fireworks, don't know. We've been witness to probably 30+ incidents where he detonated these. Getting real old! Concussion worse when humidity is high, like 11pm last night! I CAN imagine what would happen if one went off on my doorstep or under a window! I live in a strange area unlike any other I had in the past. The local police went to school with this guy, everyone knows everyone else. We are the outsiders here. Always thought I was a redneck since I grew up in the country...till I moved here.Did I mention they planned to film DELIVERANCE II here lol...

note- trying to move since our previous history with others around here. The banks are not loaning for new mortgages. I could sell this place , been trying to find and finance the next place is the challenge.Ideally we want to make a major move out west away from NE
    This kinda sounds like my area. Everyone within a square mile is related in some way. Last week a neighbor's BIL detonated a "LIVE" hand grenade. It shook the whole house and frightened my horses. I'm surprised no windows were broken.

The only reason I didn't report this is because I think my neighbor was surprised at the shockwave a grenade can put out. I seriously do not believe it will happen again.

Not knowing "HOW" this person came to possess a live grenade is a bit worrisome. (I didn't think it was legal for any civilian to have one.)

You can bet if something like this happens again, I will tell my LEO buds and an FBI agent I know.

-

I would agree with the " move " advice. I hope it does'nt sound like running away, but, you unfortunately moved into this scenario and there is the problem of the other neighbors and ALL the friends that come to these bomb parties that you will have to deal with even if you succeed in prosecuting the one doing it.
    I hear you about the bank situation..keep working on it. Maybe you could place a rental ad at the local police stations until its sold. If a LEO moved in, it would probably quiet the nieghborhhood down some. Make it very affordable.lol
    He may also burn/blow his own house down someday and have to move himself.
    If you do move, canvas the new nieghborhood well before you buy into it.
    Good luck, keep us informed
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    According to the initial post, the neighbor is supposedly freinds with local LEO and they will not do anything. If he goes to LEO they will just tip him off and he may retaliate. Local is your first choice always, but if that is a not an option then should you just accept it? As to he is not a suspicious guy, I think anybody blowing up things at all hours is suspicious. He is erratic, drunk and hangs with an undesirable bunch. I would call him suspicious.

To me, this guy has ruined your way of life, damaged your property value, has you and your family frightened as to what might happen, you live in constant fear of this guy. He has taken away your normal life, your normal freedom to enjoy your property. That is the definition of terrorism. You want this to stop, and I would use any legal means to make it stop. This isn't an annoying neighbor dog or loud parties-He is blowing up things regularly!

We have our CCW permits and are armed because we refuse to be victims anymore. You are currently a victim. Don't be.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Some people CAN NOT BE REASONED WITH ,,,, your
    Idiot neighbor seems to be one of those type.
    He sounds like the type that must be showed,
    ,,,, tough position.

Video the activity, file the complaint, & be prepared
    if he gets violent. He has shown he does not care about
    you or your family. What he is doing could kill you or your
    loved ones, if he makes A MISTAKE,,,, he is willing to accept
    that possibility,,,, you have to show him,,,,, you are NOT.

File a complaint every time he does it ,,,, keep filing them,,,, it shows
    you are trying to resolve the issue peacefully,,,, could help if
    you are forced to use force or respond with force later.

Let him come to you, do not approach him after complaint.
    mano3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1234 View Post
    Some people CAN NOT BE REASONED WITH ,,,, your Idiot neighbor seems to be one of those type. He sounds like the type that must be showed, ,,,, tough position.

Video the activity, file the complaint, & be prepared if he gets violent. He has shown he does not care about you or your family. What he is doing could kill you or your loved ones, if he makes A MISTAKE,,,, he is willing to accept that possibility,,,, you have to show him,,,,, you are NOT.

File a complaint every time he does it ,,,, keep filing them,,,, it shows you are trying to resolve the issue peacefully,,,, could help if you are forced to use force or respond with force later.

Let him come to you, do not approach him after complaint.

Exactly right! The only thing that stopped my crazy neighbor (see Female Neighbor Invades Home) was brute force and the law. She intimidated the entire neighborhood block and bragged about all the cops she knew. Then she met me...

I really don't care if my neighbors don't like me. I obey the law and I'm a general all-around nice guy, but dont' threaten me or my family. She was so used to bullying her way around the neighborhood that she didn't expect anyone would stand up to her or press charges.

Everyone told me to move or that she'll get revenge - I'm not moving because some backwoods troll likes to cause trouble. I just call the police. As for revenge - it's all about situational awareness and video cameras.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I tend to agree with ya but on this a big no. The OP is not suspicious of this guy. He is annoyed. This forum is finding reasons for him to be suspicious and go to the feds. There is a huge difference. If he felt the guy is a budding terrorists he should have already called the feds. Again, let us stop putting thoughts in the guys head. He has a jacka** for a neighbor and we do not know if he even asked him too stop.
    You probably are right. Sometimes things are exactly what they appear to be.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Sun TZU,
    I told this guy if he had to do this to set 'em off in the cornfield which is much farther away and the concussion would'nt cause my pets to stroke out or make me levitate out of bed. He complied ONCE and returned to his norm. He also drops alot of $ on fireworks. Specifically mortars. He was having these go off directly over my roof. Told him if that happened again we were probably both going to jail! He's young and has no consideration for anyone not in his crowd. The guy seems very jealous and wants to communicate he's the "pied piper" around here. Other neighbors think he's crazy but smile to his face. I was told "we never call the police around here". I understand now, after hearing many accounts of how much bias there is from state and local types. I saw it when we needed help and got none. I won't call for anything not life threatening. Its a waste of time here, there undermanned and all related.This guys no physical threat to anyone, no terrorist , nothing. Just dumb, angry, and drunk. Only another jerk would report him to feds. I can't do that.

Guys just a note-The retaliation we would expect would not be a physical fight. I'd be ok with that. Its a repeat of a long period of harassment. You havent lived until you've made an enemy that will shine a 5 million CP spotlight in your face while your in bed from your own front door. Or simply run up and throw a piece of firewood against the backside of your home at all hours(midnight to 5am). I could make a LONG list and you'd not understand unless it happened to you and yours. Catch 'em you'd say...nope not in these woods ha. My son was beaten up over my having one kid arrested. I posted about some of this before. I've got to be careful how I respond. We believe the purpose was to provoke us and to get a criminal charge against me. I'm a state employee, I'd lose my job, house, ect.Things have cooled off since then, don't need to put my family through more...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

I live in a development of townhouses that is geared towards college students. Most people here are great, but there are a few that don't seem to realize that there are other people in the world and that they are, in fact, not the center of the universe. My old neighbors had a habit of blasting music in to the early morning. Three days in to that, I got sick of it and went over (calmly) and asked (calmly) for them to turn it down because my roommates and I were trying to sleep. They did, but not long after everyone in that unit followed one of the residents (drunk and aggressive) over who didn't like being told what to do. I (calmly) told him to get off my porch (by suggesting he take the bus and go downtown where the real party was), but he (drunk and loud) wouldn't listen. I gave him one more warning (sternly, but calmly), but he didn't listen, so I literally kicked him off of my porch.

Some idiots don't respond to reason, only getting kicked in the gut and falling down a flight of stairs. They were quiet for the rest of their rental term and didn't renew their lease for that particular unit.
    Spade115 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    Sun TZU,

Guys just a note-The retaliation we would expect would not be a physical fight. I'd be ok with that. Its a repeat of a long period of harassment. You havent lived until you've made an enemy that will shine a 5 million CP spotlight in your face while your in bed from your own front door. Or simply run up and throw a piece of firewood against the backside of your home at all hours(midnight to 5am). I could make a LONG list and you'd not understand unless it happened to you and yours. Catch 'em you'd say...nope not in these woods ha. My son was beaten up over my having one kid arrested. I posted about some of this before. I've got to be careful how I respond. We believe the purpose was to provoke us and to get a criminal charge against me. I'm a state employee, I'd lose my job, house, ect.Things have cooled off since then, don't need to put my family through more...
    Story just shifted. I have no idea what to make of it, but it sounds more complex than it did initially. I really don't have any idea what to make of the whole situation.

1) maybe see an attorney -- there may be angles here one could help you with.
    2) do talk to the state police or the Feds unless you have brought this on yourself somehow
    3) You are doing a great deal of worrying about a situation where you actually don't fear physical confrontation. Maybe see a doc.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

1. move
    2. get roosters to wake his azz up early
    3. loosen up! no offense but ive lived a lot of places and had alot of neighbors/parties and havent had problem with any(lucky i guess). that being said ive never not gotten along with anyone nevermind right from the start. lets look at this from the outside for a sec. u have a neighbor who is popular and ur the only one with probs with him and ur other neighbor u also have issues with. ever thought it could be u?
    4. move
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    loosen up! no offense but ive lived a lot of places and had alot of neighbors/parties and havent had problem with any(lucky i guess). that being said ive never not gotten along with anyone nevermind right from the start. lets look at this from the outside for a sec. u have a neighbor who is popular and ur the only one with probs with him and ur other neighbor u also have issues with. ever thought it could be u?
    This is something to really think about. Maybe you're the jerk, at least to them.
    Hopyard likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Hopyard,
    Wow, gotta say I'm insulted by your post. OK, my bad. One should'nt post about complex problems.I get that, but for the record I'm not crazy. Nor did I do anything to bring this on except be intolerant of people harassing my family. In this case a criminal charge would not help but make things worse. The law is'nt the cure for everything. Some won't learn that until they experience it. I sought advice to find a different approach to a problem. Sorry you have that opinion, to each their own...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

ATCtimmy,
    I am a real jerk when people mess with my family. In that respect heck yeah I am a JERK. I consider myself a nice guy. I'm not a doormat either. In the beginning, we had an incident where a 21 yr old punk was arrested for terroristic threats, harassment and criminal trespass. He deserved the charges. He was with 6 other people ranging from 14-18 at the time. When someone is yanking on your door at 0230 am you tend to be cranky. I made peace with that kid, his friends still hold a grudge and view us as the BG.I gotta go to work now, need $ to buy neighborhood valentines cards and lollipops...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Are there any sympathetic LEO's around? The only option I see, is going to an leo and state that you have tried to your get neighbor to respect your requests and could the leo help, "I don't want to get him in trouble, but I need some things to change." Since he is friends with the Leo's maybe they will respond better to this than a legal complaint. A little, "I am afraid he might hurt himself" might help.
    Spade115 likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links