People in the audience talking, or checking their cel phones during a movie...

This is a discussion on People in the audience talking, or checking their cel phones during a movie... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: People in the audience talking, or checking their cel phones during a movie...

VIP Member
    "Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"
    Guest1 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

People in the audience talking, or checking their cel phones during a movie..
    In Texas if your ticket cost over $10.00 I believe you can shoot the phone outta their hand,but you gotta wait for the shooting scenes so you don't disturb the audience with gun fire that doesn't fit in with the movie scene.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well,this is when(and I have done it ) I get out of my seat all the way in the rear,walk down to the offender,reach under my shirt,remove my Badge,U.S Marshalls(I'm assigned to the GCRTF),and ask them very professionally to suitcase their phones,tablets,or I could help them with it the only time i'm at the movies is with my children,which is'nt often because of my work,and I don't want it ruined by someone who can't "Shut Up",or stop checking their status for 1.5 hrs.
    tashunkwitko and claude clay like this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Well,this is when(and I have done it ) I get out of my seat all the way in the rear,walk down to the offender,reach under my shirt,remove my Badge,U.S Marshalls(I'm assigned to the GCRTF),and ask them very professionally to suitcase their phones,tablets,or I could help them with it the only time i'm at the movies is with my children,which is'nt often because of my work,and I don't want it ruined by someone who can't "Shut Up",or stop checking their status for 1.5 hrs.
    Isn't that an abuse of power or just being a jerk cause ya got a badge or whatever. Is it illegal for someone to be bothering you. Wonder why so many people feel that LEO's overstep their authority. What would happen if I told you to shove it and got your badge number. And the sad thing is you need a badge to go tell them to shut up when us less peons will do it with out.
    Last edited by suntzu; February 13th, 2012 at 10:08 AM.
    tashunkwitko likes this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Talking and phones are two of the main reasons why I don't go to many movies anymore. It has to be something visually impressive that I really want to see on a BIG screen to get me to go. For general viewing, it just isn't worth the aggravation.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    Dadsnugun likes this.

Hate to say it, but I know what you mean about older people talking during movies. My favorite theater is just across from a retirement community. I usually try to find seats away from the crowds when I go.

I fall a sleep at movie theaters. For Christmas we got a Samsung 55" LCD. Already have a rocking stereo. Sodas are 1.29 for 2 liters. Popcorn 50 cents. 2 recliners and a couch. And if I ask my wife a question I won't have a badge being thrust in my face. Why go out?
    msgt/ret and tashunkwitko like this.

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Here in the greater Nashville (TN) area movie theaters nearest the city have been overrun by thugs and gang types. It's ashame to see once wonderful venues now left to the ruin of its main patrons. The theaters in the burbs around the city are thriving (for now). The biggest aggrevation I have with them are the teens that get dropped off by the parents on Fri and Sat nights. They act as though they have no consideration for anyone.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    I dont care if someone wants to text or whisper to the point i can not hear it but it ticks me off when folks want to TALK in the movie.

My brother in law (a guy who could not fight his way out of a paper bag with a machete, a baseball bat, and a 12 gauge) was assaulted at a wherenberg theater after calling the usher to quiet a family when he went to see "Saw3." The guy literally threw him against the wall and laid into him about "how dare you..." I wish I was there but hey, Wherenberg does not allow for CC so I avoid them...
    Did he report the assault? Was it the usher or the noise makers that did the assaulting?

There is no need to escalate an assault or it will lead to nothing but trouble this is especially true of a concealed carry.

De-escalate (is that a word?)

I try to go to the matinees when all the old farts are watching the movies, it's cheaper, less crowded and usually there are less inconsiderate folks.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Yeah, brilliant idea. Until someone has to make an emergencey call or is waiting for one. It ain't none of your business to jam the signal. People should be courteous and not talk while in a theater or resturaunt. Even if it is mundane stupid texting it still ain't your job to dictate what is right and what is wrong.
    They are short range devices. If you need to make a call and don't have the sense to go to the lobby, too bad. The only ones that should receive a call during a show are emergency personnel and National Guard. If people are rude and stupid, they need to be educated and controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    They are short range devices. If you need to make a call and don't have the sense to go to the lobby, too bad. The only ones that should receive a call during a show are emergency personnel and National Guard. If people are rude and stupid, they need to be educated and controlled.
    That ain't your job. Period. Plus it is illegal. And how is an emergency person going to get a call.
    And you don't have to explain them to me, I use to use them professionaly. And, other devices operate on those frequencies. What cracks me up is that folks here that CC say they are such law abiding citizens with good charctcter and folks like you you think you can be a vigilante or do what you want if it suits you. From ignoring posted no gun signs to the use of cell phone jammers. Which since are illegal are against the rules of this forum.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    forgot to add:what say you!

VIP Member
    Myself if I want to see a movie I will rent it, I cook my own popcorn and to the horror of the food police I use real coconut oil and real butter. If I want a beer or need to go to the bathroom I just pause it and resume where I left off, no need to miss part of the movie. I can also watch it anytime I want to not just when the theater is open or have to stand in line waiting to get in.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Myself if I want to see a movie I will rent it, I cook my own popcorn and to the horror of the food police I use real coconut oil and real butter. If I want a beer or need to go to the bathroom I just pause it and resume where I left off, no need to miss part of the movie. I can also watch it anytime I want to not just when the theater is open or have to stand in line waiting to get in.
    Whats funny is what bugs me more than an idiot talking on a cell phone in a theater is the amount of idiots that have get up every five minutes and go get something from the lobby. They are a constant annoyance. Here is the best way to stop bad behaviour. Maybe the theaters will pick up on the idea and stop the film like this conducter did.http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/13/ny...-persists.html
    It is much better than pulling your badge out or using a cell phone jammer. Oh BTW, for the guy that wants to jam signals. How is texting a bother to you? Or do you feel your morality is higher and if you are at a theater you shouldn't be allowed to text becasue you think it is stupid.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    It is much better than pulling your badge out or using a cell phone jammer. Oh BTW, for the guy that wants to jam signals. How is texting a bother to you? Or do you feel your morality is higher and if you are at a theater you shouldn't be allowed to text becasue you think it is stupid.
    Texting is a bother because of the fact that the damned phones have a back lit LCD screen that is almost as bright as a light bulb that causes a major distraction when trying to watch a movie. If I am going to pay ~$7 to $10 for movie ticket I should expect to be able to watch said movie without the annoyance of some stupid idiot who feels entitled to talk, text, or whatever during that time. It is called common courtesy, something that is all but lacking today. I also don't buy this "emergency" excuse. There were emergencies long before portable radio based phones. For that matter, if use of the things was reserved for real emergencies we wouldn't even be having this discussion. I am not even going to go down the path of defining an "emergency" these days, except to say it is far different than it used to be.

I think the jammer is a great idea and I too wish that the buildings were constructed with them. If your immediate family or whomever doesn't know how to contact you in a real emergency, it is not my problem. Failing jamming, I would settle for having the idiot who feels the need to finger their toy taken out back and have the thing crammed up their rectum far enough to require surgery under general anesthesia to remove it.

Edit: In terms of your "emergency" situation, put the stupid thing on vibrate and if it vibrates then leave the freaking theater!
    Guest1 and claude clay like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links