Converted two anti's,well sort of - Page 2

Converted two anti's,well sort of

This is a discussion on Converted two anti's,well sort of within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by oakchas ....Here is a letter from some Utopians back in the day.... from 1981... (and I'm told that even then they would ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Converted two anti's,well sort of

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    ....Here is a letter from some Utopians back in the day.... from 1981... (and I'm told that even then they would have been carrying illegally but perhaps not.)

Link to a long but good read
    Wow. Excellent read. I'm not sure I would have lived in the middle of that chaos as long as they did.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    JoJoGunn: I think you either missed what happened or I did not articulate well (only one cup of coffee this morning).

I said they wish it would be like that but they live in the real world and know it won't be like that. They are not in denial. I want to win the lottery but that ain't going to happen either.

Again, they understand the risks. They don't like guns. They understand the cops would not get their in time. Again, they are not living in a dream world. They have thought about and is a personal choice.

The only thing they feel should be "regulated" is the issuance of CCW's at the state level. They do not now believe to heavily regulate firearms.

They are perfectly aware of what is going on in the world. If they choose to not carry or own firearms it is up to them. I would not call making informed decisions ignorant. I might call it ill advised.
    I have some Anti acquaintances who are like yours, but they only say they are, underneath they would love to have all the guns in the world confiscated or in the hands of law enforcement. I do not mean to imply that your anti friends are like that, but I just am very suspicious of those types. They think they are helping if they take a stance against the "gun violence" but they really just don't get it most of the time. I tend to not discuss anything remotely close to guns because I know I will be raked over the coals for MY stance. It's just a personal choice of mine. Hope your Anti's are much better than the ones I know.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links