Think I'll just skip my high school reunion...

This is a discussion on Think I'll just skip my high school reunion... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A week and a half or so ago my wife text messaged me asking me to look up any news articles on a certain name ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Think I'll just skip my high school reunion...

Think I'll just skip my high school reunion...

A week and a half or so ago my wife text messaged me asking me to look up any news articles on a certain name of a childhood acquaintance of hers. Turns out her childhood acquaintance was the girlfriend of a guy I knew in high school, and the two of them allegedly hired a hit-man for - get this - $250 to kill his estranged pregnant wife. At this point it looks like all three involved are going down hard. When i heard the story, neither the fact that he was involved in a murder, nor the fact that he hired someone to do his dirty work for him was a surprise.

Just this morning I found out that another guy I went to high school with, but didn't really know, was murdered at the end of last month. In addition to that, yet another guy I knew from high school and his girlfriend allegedly killed his great-aunt, with whom he was living at the time. The pair were found in the same house as her dead body, naked and unconscious, apparently having made a pact to commit suicide after the deed. They failed and are under lock and key. He's apparently not cooperating but she's singing like a songbird.

Yeah, think I'll be skipping that reunion. Just in case they haven't all weeded themselves out by then.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Sounds like if you do have a reunion it will have to be held at the state pen.
    Guest1 and RMS like this.

Sounds to me like you may be the only one there!
    Eagleks likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Just take the wife out to a nice place instead. I'm greatful for the little often over looked blessings in life a great wife & son.

Ok you started this and I can't help it. You are from Oklahoma! Name the two best things to come out of Oklahoma.....................I-35 and I-40 LOL. Just kidding you about Okla. Just as many losers at my high school. Bet ya can't beat Dog the Bounty Hunter was an accessory to murder in my home town. Now he's worth millions and we are still here working for a living. What part of Ok? We lived in Woodward and Elk City back in the 80's. Loved it there till the oil boom busted.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Went to high school in Del City, AKA Del Ghetto. I've since moved away from there.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

IMO, high school reunions are overrated.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sounds about like my high school. Fun stuff.

Wow! Great classmates! As far as I know, none of mine turned out quit like yours! I went back for both my 45th and 50th (graduated in 1960) and had a great time. It really surprised me how old some of those people looked! 'Course I hadn't changed a bit except for the beard and poneytail.
    Olduser likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I LOVE going to my high school reunions. I went to my 10th and 20th. It is fun to look at all the people who thought they were all that back then and see them now. It is worth the price of admission.

Had one friend who would brush his hair all day long. All day long. The kid does not have a hair on his head as bald as a babies behind.

The girl that you tought was the hottest one ever has more wrinkles that a shar pei dog.

I have found that the plain looking girl with the great personally is now a head turner.

Go enjoy it is worth the laughs.
    Crescentstar, Riana and DC like this.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    you covet a rabbit with a pancake on its head.....

go. it could be that you may have a calming influence

and chat up a redhead about Vista
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

An update on one of the stories: the guy who killed his aunt it seems used a knife to do the dirty work. And an axe. And a brick...
    My blog

I went to a HS reunion before I started carrying. I wouldn't have gone now since it was at an outside bar/deck.

I'm surprised I'm still alive, childless, and out of prison with the way most of my classmates have been ending up....and I only graduated from high school in 2009

Sounds like you graduated from the " School of hard knocks "
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links