Corporate Creepers

This is a discussion on Corporate Creepers within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Does Target trace "old, fat, bald, and ugly," too? I haven't noticed any special coupons in the mail. No, that is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Corporate Creepers

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Does Target trace "old, fat, bald, and ugly," too?
    I haven't noticed any special coupons in the mail.
    No, that is left for the website PeopleofWalmart.com
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Does Target trace "old, fat, bald, and ugly," too?
    I haven't noticed any special coupons in the mail.
    Ret - thanks for clearing that up for me. I was wondering where my coupons were.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

This thread also reminds me of an old joke about a 16 YO that buys some condoms at his small town pharmacy for his date that night, only to find out later that her father is "the" pharmacist.
    ksholder likes this.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

This is one reason I have always carried cash; I HATE not having at least $50 on me; how many stories have we heard where a woman disappears/is murdered and within hours there's a news story about her her credit card being used 50 miles away to buy gas and a pack of Twinkies??

Any electronic transaction can be tracked almost instantly; when I was in Iraq my wife took the friend staying with her home to see her mother and on the way back she stopped at a garden shop that carried a hanging flower bag she liked. I checked the bank account to make sure my pay had been deposited less than 5 min after she made the purchase and there it was listed in account activity. Kinda creeped her out when I called that night and asked if she had her flower bags hung yet

HEY ONESHOT-

How do you keep a baptist from drinking all your beer when you take him fishing?

Take 2 baptists fishing when you go!

(From a strong baptist family even if I am a heathen)

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    So they consider those of us who prefer to pay in cash criminals?
    The DHS says we might be.

Michael

Administrator
    CVS is another great "tracker" every time you use that CVS card. It really doesn't bother me because I'm aware of it going in.

But, what is in our future is pretty weird. Won't be too much longer before everything that you buy and everything that you pay for will be going into one spanky big cache of personal information about you...if not already.

Then if you want to wiggle your way out of the system "or fly under the radar" by paying cash....remote facial recognition or remote iris recognition will nail you anyway.

That technology already exists. There is no need for a RFID tag implanted under your skin anymore.

That is already ANCIENT, obsolete Technology.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I think the guy is a genius. As an unashamed capitalist, I am all for companies being inventive and increasing sales and profit. I understand the concern over someone having "personal information" or "data" about you, but they have had it for years, just not in the faster electronic form. That horse has already left the barn.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unisaw View Post
    I guarantee you that Facebook and/or Google knew she was pregnant long before Target did.
    I agree. I don't see the problem. Target is just trying to make a buck and catering to the customer. She is pregnant, so they are selling her items that a pregnant person would buy. The father sounds like an irrational idiot who needs to keep his temper in check and start watching his daughter. It seems like he is a poor excuse for a parent and an angry person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links