The ultimate doomsday prepper?

This is a discussion on The ultimate doomsday prepper? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; He's sitting in YOUR cabin right now, enjoying your coffee and your fine wines.. maybe you caught a pic of him on your game cam? ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Eaglebeak

Thread: The ultimate doomsday prepper?

The ultimate doomsday prepper?

He's sitting in YOUR cabin right now, enjoying your coffee and your fine wines.. maybe you caught a pic of him on your game cam?

This guy is elusive... and I don't think I'd want to run across him, anyway... maybe Eli (of The Book of Eli) could handle him... not I.

Quite a story: HERE
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Quite the story. Five years is a long time. He can stay where he is. We don't need any more like that here in Colorado.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    That's incredible. It sounds like a movie. I hate that he's ransacking and stealing but at the same time I admire his fortitude.

Sadly, this guy is exactly why most of the "SHTF doomsday preppers" are wasting their money in stockpiling tons of food, supplies, equipment and becoming self-sufficient because they have no clue about how things would really be if everything fell apart and total anarchy reigned from that point on. There's too many "have nots" who would quickly find those who "have" and simply lie in wait to pick them off one by one from a great distance with high-power rifles and powerful light-amplification night/day scopes while they were attempting to work their gardens or feed their livestock (that hadn't already been stripped or stolen). Well organized gangs of "have-nots" could easily lay seige on a group of "haves" to either keep them holed up while everything was stolen and looted or simply keep them pinned down by heavy fire while other members torched the place with old fashioned Molovov coctails and homemade diesel/fertilizer bombs.

Even if a family locked themselves in an underground, concrete bunker with months of food and water supplies, they still have to have a source of air - which even a single marauder could quickly block its intake entry or introduce contamination, then sit back and pick everyone off one by one as they had to leave their protective enclosure. Nothing can be completely secured for any length of time when roving bands of well-armed and disciplined raiders are on a constant seek and destroy mission. Regardless of how well fortified and well armed any small group may be, they don't stand a prayer against overwhelming numbers of attackers for any length of time at all. If the Alamo or Ruby Ridge incident didn't prove that concept, the US Marines certainly did on Iwo Jima and a number of other "heavily fortified" remote islands a few years back.

Reasonable emergency preparedness is good for short-term disasters and minor civil uprisings; but if everything falls apart into the zombie scenario, I hope I'm standing directly under the first big bomb that goes off because I wouldn't want to live in what would follow.

oops! merge this one with: Utah mountain man a mystery
    already posted...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Links