Animal rights loonies using a "drone" to spy

This is a discussion on Animal rights loonies using a "drone" to spy within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by CanuckQue Are these a series of posts suggesting that it's advisable to shoot other people's property if it's annoying you? If it's ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Animal rights loonies using a "drone" to spy

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    Are these a series of posts suggesting that it's advisable to shoot other people's property if it's annoying you?
    If it's surveilling you, and it's over your property, and you can do so without endangering human life...absolutely!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    If it's surveilling you, and it's over your property, and you can do so without endangering human life...absolutely!
    Well, actually, I don't know how I stand on that, tbh. But the OP and the various comments in the thread so far have been about shooting people's property when it wasn't on their property.

I don't know if you're allowed to shoot another person's property if it's on your property and annoying you, though.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    I think that is not true but trying to look it up. Has to do with airspace. The country you live in owns/controls the open space above your property. Zoning laws are enforces to prohibit structures from extending to high. But in short, you can't shoot down something over your property.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Are these a series of posts suggesting that it's advisable to shoot other people's property if it's annoying you?
    Apparently it is being used to harass game animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Apparently it is being used to harass game animals.
    Honestly, that seems like a reasonable form of protest/intervention. I mean, the animal rights people are trying to prevent the hunting, and I don't know it's illegal to scare wildlife (on public lands). I don't think that gives up permission to shoot their property. Shooting stuff that annoys you seems to be contrary to the CCW ethos.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I've never been to a live drone shoot. Seems like it would fun.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Trouble is, there's not a lot of meat on 'em!

In Michigan Mr. Hindi would be setting himself up for arrest by the DNR

Our law:

Hunter Harrassment Overview

Hunters in Michigan have the right to enjoy their sport free from unreasonable and deliberate interference from those opposed to hunting as a legitimate use of public land and other natural resources.

Michigan law prohibits individuals from obstructing or interfering with the lawful taking of animals. The Department of Natural Resources supports hunting as a legitimate form of recreation and as a useful tool in the management of the wildlife resource. Michigan conservation officers are committed to protecting hunters from the intentional disruption of the hunting experience.

As derived from here: http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7...4924--,00.html

"This was SHARK's first encounter with the Broxton Bridge Plantation, but it will certainly not be the last," Hindi said in the release. "We are already making plans for a considerably upscaled action in 2013."

^^^^^Me thinks Hindi is about to bite off more than he will be able to chew.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Harassing game animals in itself is illegal in most areas. Using such an RC device to scare them off would be seen as harassment.

As far as legal airspace goes, I believe it only exists from a certain altitude and up. I highly doubt any of these amateur RC camera setups can do their intended purpose at higher, legal airspace altitudes. That means its fair game for any such device within shotgun range over one's private property!

Well, actually, I don't know how I stand on that, tbh. But the OP and the various comments in the thread so far have been about shooting people's property when it wasn't on their property.

I don't know if you're allowed to shoot another person's property if it's on your property and annoying you, though.
    Mr Que: As the original poster, I put the article up as a story which illustrates the annoying level to which animal rights groups will go to pursue their beliefs and interfere with other peoples' lives and activities. I made no comment about any activity in that news report being legal or illegal, and frankly, I think the video was staged. And even if there was someone shooting at their toy, I find it amusing - hence my "pull" comment.

However, I think the real "takeaway" is that these "SHARK" loonies (and no offense to your one-dollar coin intended) attempt to claim some moral high ground by alleging that shots were fired at their toy and whining about the dangers of shooting toward or over a public roadway - all the while ignoring their own actions which constituted dangers in their own right, and which were intended to deliberately harass, surveil and annoy people they don't know and who have done them no harm.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I think that is not true but trying to look it up. Has to do with airspace. The country you live in owns/controls the open space above your property. Zoning laws are enforces to prohibit structures from extending to high. But in short, you can't shoot down something over your property.
    Legal...maybe not...just expressing my personal opinion on the matter...
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

VIP Member
    Accidents happen all the time.

The 30,000 Predator Drones in US hangers around the country cause me more concern. I'll have to check gunbroker for a quad 20mm Oerlikon.
    l1a1 likes this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    Accidents happen all the time.

The 30,000 Predator Drones in US hangers around the country cause me more concern. I'll have to check gunbroker for a quad 20mm Oerlikon.
    What about twin 10/22 gatling gun kit?
    drums4.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links