Whitney Houston - Half Mast - Idiot government.

This is a discussion on Whitney Houston - Half Mast - Idiot government. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Christie is either an ignorant fool (forgivable) or he is just blatantly disregarding our laws concerning the appropriate usage of Half Mast cermonies concerning the ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Whitney Houston - Half Mast - Idiot government.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

Whitney Houston - Half Mast - Idiot government.

Christie is either an ignorant fool (forgivable) or he is just blatantly disregarding our laws concerning the appropriate usage of Half Mast cermonies concerning the ensign of the United States.

What a fool.....

Read the comments block down below associated with this thread. This is sure to piss almost everyone off on this forum. Do not get political with my thread. Just observe the topic and comment solely on the subject matter.

How do you feel?

Christie Orders Flags Lowered To Half-Staff In Honor Of Whitney Houston CBS Philly
    21bubba likes this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

I think SOME celebrities deserve this honor, but not her. At her ceremony today, Kevin Costner railed on about how many millions loved her. The problem is - she didn't love herself. She sets a very poor example of how to lead a life, and is very undeserving of this honor.

JMHO, of course.....

-
    mkphillips and thephanatik like this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Wife and I were just discussing it. The Governor can order it. And like the decision or not I respect Christie for one reason "he stands by is moral convictions". Unlike most politicians. He knew he was going to draw flack.

As far as Whitney I would say no. And not because of her drug use. She gave a lot to charities and traveled a lot in support of her charities. But any celerity should not bestowed that honor. Maybe Bob Hope who did a lot for veterans and traveled with the USO. I believe they lowered it for him but can not find out. Christie did lower the flag for Clarence Clemons, Bruce Springsteen's sax player. Nobody fussed then.

If moral character is an issue then some politicians, soldiers, first responders, and LEO's would not pass muster. But having the flag lowered for them is appropriate because of the position they filled (SCOTUS Justice, President, Governor) or they lost their life in the line of duty which is honorable irrespective of moral character and personal background
    Rock and Glock likes this.

I don't like it. The flag is a representation of our country, our ideals and our constitution. I do not believe she did anything to deserve this honor. I am not saying it was because she was a crackhead. Merely that she, as a person did not deserve this symbolic deed.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Christie is just pandering to the illiterati.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

While she did not receive MILITARY honors, she did receive a NATIONAL honor. An honor that in my opinion and I hope everyone else's here on DC, an honor that should ONLY be awarded to someone who sacrificed for their country in some manner. If Governor Christie wanted to honor a resident of his state in such a manner, he should have lowered the STATE flag, not the flag of this country. I and I hope every other veteran in this country am/is outraged that the flag that I fought for and many, many others were injured or DIED for was sullied in such a manner.
    We have been brainwashed in this country to think that somehow being famous and talented is in someway worthy of Honor. It is not. Honor should be reserved for those individuals who EARN it. Earned on the field of battle or in protecting the citizens of this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Christie is just pandering to the illiterati.
    He in all likely hood adverted some rioting in Newark.

I feel that is not what the Ceremony is for,regardless of all her fine tributes,every time she abused Illegal Narcotics she was giving money to the Drug Cartels that have no problem murdering innocent people to continue in their Illegal Activities,I wouldn't consider her a good role model
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Wife and I were just discussing it. The Governor can order it. And like the decision or not I respect Christie for one reason "he stands by is moral convictions". Unlike most politicians. He knew he was going to draw flack.

As far as Whitney I would say no. And not because of her drug use. She gave a lot to charities and traveled a lot in support of her charities. But any celerity should not bestowed that honor. Maybe Bob Hope who did a lot for veterans and traveled with the USO. I believe they lowered it for him but can not find out. Christie did lower the flag for Clarence Clemons, Bruce Springsteen's sax player. Nobody fussed then.

If moral character is an issue then some politicians, soldiers, first responders, and LEO's would not pass muster. But having the flag lowered for them is appropriate because of the position they filled (SCOTUS Justice, President, Governor) or they lost their life in the line of duty which is honorable irrespective of moral character and personal background
    Hell must have frozen over. I agree with you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Now that Gentleman is a Festivus Day miracle

I find it offensive. The honor should go to those who lose their lives serving others, not those who lose their lives serving themselves.
    WHEC724, rdpG19, varob and 2 others like this.
    I am a hard-working self-employed conservative Christian white male gun owner. How else can I tick you off today?

I was watching part of the funeral service on TV today and the pastor of a Baptist church said she's in heaven. The secular view of heaven is not reality.
    RMS and ctr like this.

I missed the televised service. Had to give my goldfish a bath.
    Regards,
    OldGringo
    Thin Blue Line - LEMC
    Victory Riders Association
    Patriot Guard Riders
    "Standing for those who stood for us"

Of course, nobody thought anything of it when he ordered the same thing for Bruce Springsteen's saxaphonist....

START: 6/23/2011 END: 6/23/2011US Flags to Half-Staff in New Jersey in Honor of Clarence Clemons. New Jersey Governor Christie has ordered the United States flag and New Jersey State flag lowered to half-staff on Thursday, June 23, 2011 in recognition and mourning of passing of Clarence Clemons, a member of Bruce Springsteen’s E Street band and various other musical and entertainment endeavors. The flags should be at half-staff at all State departments, offices, agencies, and instrumentalities.

This is beyond ridiculous. She deserves respect, but not that respect. It's disrespectful to those who earned it by serving their country in office or in the military.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links