Vehicle Tracking System

This is a discussion on Vehicle Tracking System within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have a need to track where one of our vehicles goes. I am looking at vehicle tracking systems and would like to get one ...

Thread: Vehicle Tracking System

VIP Member

Vehicle Tracking System

I have a need to track where one of our vehicles goes. I am looking at vehicle tracking systems and would like to get one that will tell me where the vehicle is at any time, whether it is running or not. I am interested in the experiences of the group on this subject. I appreciate your input.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I know we sell one of the vehicle tracking systems at Pep Boys- but, I think it only gives location based off of GPS readings. Other than that, I really don't know. Sorry.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

How mush do you want to spend? I have a lot of experience with this. PM me if you want with the specifics (what it is for which I assume is legal). If you tell me what the reason is it would be easier.

VIP Member
    You want a birddog that is "active", I think most involve a fee since it utilizes cell phone towers for the "instant reporting".

Off-topic but related, I think an iPhone will do the same thing, for instance my wife and I each have an iPhone, we can get an app and activate our phones so we always would know where the other is. After being married for 36 years we trust each other, but it would be fun to do, plus handy if either of us lost our phone.

The "passive" birddog's are cheaper and essentially record to be downloaded later. They work well.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    I know we sell one of the vehicle tracking systems at Pep Boys- but, I think it only gives location based off of GPS readings. Other than that, I really don't know. Sorry.
    Yes, most of the tracking system is based on GPS.

Links