Cops Break Up Shoe Riot.... - Page 3

Cops Break Up Shoe Riot....

This is a discussion on Cops Break Up Shoe Riot.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by QKShooter Skewed realities of things that are important in life as VS things that are relatively unimportant cross all human boundaries, economic ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Cops Break Up Shoe Riot....

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Skewed realities of things that are important in life as VS things that are relatively unimportant cross all human boundaries, economic classes, and differences.

That having been said...that is one pug ugly and bizarre looking shoe.

QK - Your comment about about skewed realities reminds me of 2 things. The stock market and gas speculation.

And yes indeed that is the Pontiac Aztec of footwear.
    QKShooter likes this.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    And yes indeed that is the Pontiac Aztec of footwear.

That's hysterical!
    claude clay likes this.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

I THOUGHT there was an economic crisis...guess I was wrong if a teen can fork out up to $3000.00+ for a pair of sneakers. Thats been the reported black market price some have paid. Good God, tell me it's not so.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

VIP Member
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

DC
    I've seen much uglier shoes than that red one pictured. I'll pay $120 or so but they'll be Merrell's or similar.

VIP Member
    I would rather spend my money on a nice pair of Tony Lamas, Justins, Ariats or Noconas instead.
    babarock and CowboyColby like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

And people think women are the only ones crazy for shoes.. I think I've only spent $60 on a some shoes. I prefer being barefoot
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.

This whole thing is nothing new. I remember growing up in Baltimore kids getting robbed and KILLED for their Nike's and "Starter" jackets.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking,but since it glows in the dark it shouldn't be a limited edition,think of all the dumb "THUGS" trying to run from the Police at night,and can't figure out how that cop saw them hiding in the bushes
    True story-
    I rode with a sheriff's deputy buddy for ~9 years; during that time the sneakers with the red LED that flashed every time your foot hit the ground came out. We were chasing a car thief who was wearing a pair, and lost him in a stand of trees; my buddy gave me the "hush" finger over the lips then yells "there he is". Guy takes off running and we were able to follow & catch him. Glow in the dark shoes would be even better!

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    makes me wonder were kids get $220.00 for a pair of sneakers...the welfare checks must have came in early
    that and being an undocumented pharmacist has been profitable

though these are not the shoes they will toss over the telephone wires
    (which is how they let buyers know where to stop their car to pay and where to stop again to get)

---anyone remember when heel flashing lights became popular?
    and the punks found out that it made it easier for the police to chase them at night (LOL)
    and they went out of fashion with the older crowd faster than you can say "steal and run"

-------------------

often by the time i type it, 2 others have posted it already.
    i'ze gotz 2 lrn 2 typ fstr
    Last edited by claude clay; February 28th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Just have the release at 7:00 AM and the problem would be solved. I'd like to see people get excited about a $220+ pair of work boots!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”
    – Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I would rather spend my money on a nice pair of Tony Lamas, Justins, Ariats or Noconas instead.
    Look into Anderson Bean best boots I have as I have tried them all through out the years. Or Beck boots custom made in amarillo life time warranty on the soles but a bit pricey.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boatail View Post
    I THOUGHT there was an economic crisis...guess I was wrong if a teen can fork out up to $3000.00+ for a pair of sneakers. Thats been the reported black market price some have paid. Good God, tell me it's not so.
    The economic crisis affects those who are a part of the economy. Drug dealers are probably still doing quite well...
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I wonder if a matching OWB holster is available?
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    The economic crisis affects those who are a part of the economy. Drug dealers are probably still doing quite well...
    You are quite right, and the buyers are stealing it from us..go figure
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links