Cops Break Up Shoe Riot....

This is a discussion on Cops Break Up Shoe Riot.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Are you kidding me ? Obama got his pair for free a couple weeks ago at a special white house presentation. Oh yes he did ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Cops Break Up Shoe Riot....

Cool Cops Break Up Shoe Riot....

Are you kidding me ?

Obama got his pair for free a couple weeks ago at a special white house presentation. Oh yes he did !

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/riot...new-nike-shoe/

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

This brings stupid to a new high level. Rioting for sneakers???

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Comment from that page:

justangry
    Posted on February 24, 2012 at 8:09am

Funny nobody ever riots over a new line of WORK boots
    Olduser, RMS, Chesafreak and 8 others like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

makes me wonder were kids get $220.00 for a pair of sneakers...the welfare checks must have came in early

VIP Member
    The shoe pictured in the article is one butt ugly shoe; I donít think even clowns would find it funny enough to wear.
    Gforty and dukalmighty like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I saw a kid at a school wearing some shoes like that once.

Told him, "Man, that must have been a H#!! of a fight!"

Yep, he fell for it and asked, "What fight?"

I said, "Taking those shoes away from Ronald McDonald!!!"

All of the adults were in tears laughing. He seemed hurt somehow....well, he seemed hurt after he had to think about it for a few minutes and slowly work out that it was an insult, and then the best he could come up with as a retort was, "Yo, Dawg! That ain't right!!!"
    msgt/ret and babarock like this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    makes me wonder were kids get $220.00 for a pair of sneakers...the welfare checks must have came in early
    I was going to say that, but feared it would be interpreted as political/racist. I have no doubt that our hard earned money is being used to purchase some of these shoes.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

This isn't new. Every once in a while this happens because of the rarity of shoes. I collect shoes, but never wait in line or would subject myself to that crap. I also have a job and am not nor have I ever been a welfare recipient. And yes your comment was insulting. Guess you just thought that signature was cute, not really worth following.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    The shoe pictured in the article is one butt ugly shoe; I don’t think even clowns would find it funny enough to wear.
    Have you seen some of the outfits that young urbanites wear? These are some seriously messed up clowns!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    This isn't new. Every once in a while this happens because of the rarity of shoes. I collect shoes, but never wait in line or would subject myself to that crap. I also have a job and am not nor have I ever been a welfare recipient. And yes your comment was insulting. Guess you just thought that signature was cute, not really worth following.
    Who are you responding to?

Barstoolguru.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Just why do those people get so excited about a pair of overpriced sneakers??? Do they play basketball any better, or run (from the stop and rob store) any faster??? or draw in more customers to their turf???. If they worked for a living, they'd be a lot more careful how they spent their money. Since I'm probably paying for them, I hope they cause blisters.

I have a feeling these kids come from the same parents who fight over the xbox during Black Friday.

...what can I say. Being at the bottom of the U.S........we are like the sewer for the rest of the country, and as the old saying goes...."--it all flows down hill..... to Florida.""
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    I got some like new Nike Air for $9 at Savers, so I could afford to pay the taxes they use to buy the latest craze. After the government checks bounce, they quit rioting and get a job, I'll see them in my line at Savers, too.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links