"911? I just blew a hole in my wall!" - Page 2

"911? I just blew a hole in my wall!"

This is a discussion on "911? I just blew a hole in my wall!" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by lucas45 I've done it twice, bench in garage, momentary distraction (wife). AD's happen. Ask any gun smith. Brick home no through and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: "911? I just blew a hole in my wall!"

Quote Originally Posted by lucas45 View Post
    I've done it twice, bench in garage, momentary distraction (wife). AD's happen. Ask any gun smith.
    Brick home no through and through, spackle works just fine. If you play with guns long enough, this is going to happen, check for exterior damage, fix the interior, keep your hand off the trigger and the phone.
    Actually it is not going to happen. Especially if every time you hold the weapon you respect the weapon. It only happens when you become lazy and complacent. So I completely and utterly disagree with your statement that it is going to happen.... after having two AD's in your garage, I would SERIOUSLY take a step back and re-assess your mental state when handling firearms before you kill yourself or a family member. Once is a shameful moment, and one that should have woken you up. Twice is just downright negligent and irresponsible. Sorry to be blunt but those are the facts.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    If you play with guns long enough, this is going to happen
    That's one of the most idiotic blanket statements I have ever heard in my life.

Also, there is no such thing as and AD...unless of course you want to call in a negligent accidental discharge.
    RockStrongo likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    I've done it twice, bench in garage, momentary distraction (wife). AD's happen. Ask any gun smith.
    Brick home no through and through, spackle works just fine. If you play with guns long enough, this is going to happen, check for exterior damage, fix the interior, keep your hand off the trigger and the phone.
    At the risk of piling on with AZChevy, two ND's (If the gun performs as designed, and you didn't intend to shoot it, it's an ND) are not okay, no matter how old you are. It's time to step back and re-evaluate/re-train.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    He told police that he recently bought a Glock 19, and he was looking at the weapon after loading it and the gun fired.

OMG does that mean Glocks really do go off by themselves? I guess I will be switching to my SIGs for now on.

Yep.................Pscychosematic Action......Geeeezzz.

This is why I try not to ever "look" at my Glocks....

NDs happen.....

Calling the cops if you don't need to is stupid.

[QUOTE=lucas45;2178078]
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    "Stay there sir, we'll come down and issue a ticket."

Story here

The Glock safety trigger did not work for this rube...[/QUOTE

This is so wrong... Globally the incidence of negligent or accidental discharges is miniscule taking into consideration multiple millions of guns and many more opportunities of exposure (handling guns).

Maybe lucas45 is poorly educated for gun safety and has really poor safety skills, but that same property should not be imputed to all gun owners and it sounds like the vocalization of an anti-gunner.

How about it gunsmiths?

What a maroon!

Of course this does show the inherent danger in loading a Glock. Obviously his Glock took umbrage at being looked at.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    I just glance at guns. Whenever I give my Bride "the look" she goes off on me.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Too bad they didn't issue a ticket and remove the firearm from somebody who shouldn't be touching a gun until he has some formal training.
    'A Ticket" I called you guys cause I need somebody to fix that hole before my wife gets home
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I was never very good at ratting on myself. 'Call it a personality defect, but it's kept me out of trouble.
    Same here....
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    What a maroon!

Of course this does show the inherent danger in loading a Glock. Obviously his Glock took umbrage at being looked at.
    Well, the ugly ones are like that!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

[QUOTE=lucas45;2178078]
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    "Stay there sir, we'll come down and issue a ticket."

Story here

The Glock safety trigger did not work for this rube...[/QUOTE

I've done it twice, bench in garage, momentary distraction (wife). Negligent Discharges happen. Ask any gun smith.
    There I fixed it for you. No such thing as an AD.

Side note... They SHOULD NOT happen unless there is an actual malfunction of the firearm.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links