Act of Valor - Page 2

Act of Valor

This is a discussion on Act of Valor within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; About 3 months ago, a friend of mine who works with the Team (not an SEAL operator) mentioned the movie and I never heard of ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Act of Valor

About 3 months ago, a friend of mine who works with the Team (not an SEAL operator) mentioned the movie and I never heard of it back then. He stated that they were real operator and not actors.
    Carry: Sig P238
    Home: Stoeger Couger 8000F 9mm

I really don't like going to movies. However my wife and I went on the opening night, it was well worth it!

When the movie was over there was still silence in the theater not the normal talking. It grew to a low dull hush of talking on the way out of the building. It seems everyone was touched with the movie.

I will probably go see it again. Which is something that I haven't done since I was a teenager.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by stevem174 View Post
    When the movie was over there was still silence in the theater not the normal talking. It grew to a low dull hush of talking on the way out of the building. It seems everyone was touched with the movie.
    I noticed that, too.

When the credits came up it was just dead silent. No one moved. I agree, I think everyone was still so moved it almost felt disrespectful to start jabbering and moving around. It was almost like we were all waiting for someone to say a prayer or something.

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Tomorrow I'm going to stop by the bank and take out a loan, so I can take the family to see this movie.
    If you get a good loan officer at the snackbar they can usually get you your popcorn at 4% for 60 months.
    atctimmy likes this.

Great movie, with many highs, and some lows. But it did have me a gigging like a school girl when they opened up on the drug gang (in the swamp) with the Dillon Aero :-)

But in the end I watched those as they left the theater, not very many dry eyes... N this (Sierra Vista) is a Army town.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    I don't go to movies as I'm waiting for two movies to come out so I can rent them. War Horse is one and I still haven't seen the new True Grit.

I would really like to see this film from the sounds of it.

Just saw it. The wife was a bit leery about it but really liked and appreciated it. I've known some Seals and this sure makes me appreciate all they do. Every American should give thanks they are on our side.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    Just saw it. The wife was a bit leery about it but really liked and appreciated it. I've known some Seals and this sure makes me appreciate all they do. Every American should give thanks they are on our side.
    I agree. It also serves as a reminder that freedom isn't free. I realize this is not a news flash, but it is good to be reminded from time to time (particularly when nobody had to die to remind you).
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Saw it today with my wife. If any of you are still undecided, go see it. Will it win an Academy Award for best actor(s)?...nope. I'm going to take my 12 yr old nephew to see it, even though it is rated R, mostly due to violence, plus there's also some harsh (but it's not gratuitous) language. Heck, his video games are as violent as this movie. BTW, my wife is fairly prudish about what she deems appropriate for our nephew, and even she said he should see it.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    Saw it today with my wife. If any of you are still undecided, go see it. Will it win an Academy Award for best actor(s)?...nope. I'm going to take my 12 yr old nephew to see it, even though it is rated R, mostly due to violence, plus there's also some harsh (but it's not gratuitous) language. Heck, his video games are as violent as this movie. BTW, my wife is fairly prudish about what she deems appropriate for our nephew, and even she said he should see it.
    Yes, the language is somewhat rough. But these are sailors after all and the language is actually not as bad as what was normally used on the ships.

The acting almost made me gouge my eyes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Sorry that Navy Seals didn't act up to your standards. They are not actors, they actually have other, truly useful skills and real character. Those were fully on display.

Wifeys taking me to see it tommorow, looking forward to it!

I personally thought that the use of Seals added an aura of authenticity otherwise unobtainable with actors....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Who would you have preferred? The Rock?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links