Act of Valor

This is a discussion on Act of Valor within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The saddest part of all is the main character (chief) was one of the 30 killed in the chinook shot down in Afghanistan last year. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Act of Valor

The saddest part of all is the main character (chief) was one of the 30 killed in the chinook shot down in Afghanistan last year. I thought it was an incredible movie. Everyone was very somber leaving that theater.

http://blog.usnavyseals.com/2012/02/...creenings.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmoore4 View Post
    The saddest part of all is the main character (chief) was one of the 30 killed in the chinook shot down in Afghanistan last year. I thought it was an incredible movie. Everyone was very somber leaving that theater.

Fallen SEAL Featured in Act of Valor, Honored in Screenings | Navy SEALs Blog by USNavySEALs.com

Well, that was kind of a Buzz-Kill for enjoying the movie. That is very sad indeed.

We just went and saw it last night and thought it was a very well and fitting tribute to the SEALS and showed a little tease of their capabilities. A real bummer to find one of the guys in the film was KIA last year. But that's the life they live, and I'm damn proud to have them around. They all have my deepest respect and thanks for the service and sacrifice they make.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I have a new favorite war movie with saving private Ryan and black hawk down being now second and third. This movie was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Well, that was kind of a Buzz-Kill for enjoying the movie. That is very sad indeed.

We just went and saw it last night and thought it was a very well and fitting tribute to the SEALS and showed a little tease of their capabilities. A real bummer to find one of the guys in the film was KIA last year. But that's the life they live, and I'm damn proud to have them around. They all have my deepest respect and thanks for the service and sacrifice they make.
    Agreed, I heard about him after seeing it and it gave me a different perspective. It was still an awesome action movie and now feels even more emotional and "real" knowing one of the featured men gave his life doing what was depicted.

I took my oldest son to go see it and now he can't wait to see his Navy recruiter. Not exactly what I was hoping for but I do admire all who serve not just the Seals. The most memorable scene was driving into the water and being rescued by the swift boats.
    The ending was emotional. I was not able to convince my wife to see this movie with me. Those of you who do must have exceptional wives.
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

I enjoyed it also.
    My favorite part was the chase scene during the hostage extraction.
    Never seen a Ford 150 fly that high *BOOM

The ending was rather sad, which I as a "tough guy" was prepared for.
    It was the poem at the closing that was very emotional to say the least.

"Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
    Trouble no one about his religion; respect others in their views, and
    demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life,
    beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of
    service to your people. When your time comes to die, be not like
    those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their
    time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over
    again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."

-Chief Tecumseh,

Shawnee Nation
    Bark'n likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links