The Battle Mug

This is a discussion on The Battle Mug within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't really get not "using some cheaper method of production like casting, that just somehow seems un-American." As a soon to be engineer (graduating ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Battle Mug

I don't really get not "using some cheaper method of production like casting, that just somehow seems un-American." As a soon to be engineer (graduating in May), I thought we should always be looking for more economical and efficient ways of doing things as long as it produces a product that serves the intended purpose. I'm all for making it in the US, but casting it would make the price a heck of a lot better. At $189, I think I'll pass and continue drinking out of my clay mug made by a guy down the street for $10.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    They can't keep up with the demand.

2 March 2012

Due to the massive amount of media attention that Battle Mug has received in the past few weeks, we have been absolutely flooded with orders!
    (Thanks Fox News, The Truth About Guns, Gizmag, Neatorama, Gizmodo, The Blaze, The Awesomer, Coolmaterial,Geekosystem, Urbandaddy, Homecombat, and many more!)

All of these new orders are following in behind some very large unit orders for our brave Servicemembers serving overseas.

We are machining metal and getting Battle Mugs ready to anodize as quickly as possible, and we want our fans and customers know that we will be accepting back-orders, and will fill all back-orders in the order which we received them.
    We will start shipping back-ordered Battle Mugs on 20 March 2012.

The Good News!
    Each and every Battle Mug that is ordered between 1-20 March 2012 will enter the purchaser into a drawing for a FREE LIMITED EDITION BATTLE MUG!
    We will draw the winner on 20 March 2012, and will make the announcement on our FaceBook page.

Thanks again for all the interest and support for Battle Mug, and we appreciate your patience as we work hard to fill your orders!

Joe
    Battle Mug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links