It all started with a dark night and a black cow

This is a discussion on It all started with a dark night and a black cow within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by claude clay i clicked here hoping for a cow-tipping story and of sorts, it was. though the evil ways of the dark ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: It all started with a dark night and a black cow

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    i clicked here hoping for a cow-tipping story

and of sorts, it was. though the evil ways of the dark cow are over,
    for it will not be a repeat offender. imagine, the cunning; using its blackness to lurk in the night
    and forcing people to stop for it.
    CC - It sounds like a setup to me. There was probably another cow in the bushes fixing to do a carjacking.
    HKinNY likes this.

2. Remove Ads

By the way...Your post title sounds like the beginning of a lost Edgar Allen Poe manuscript. :)
    RETSUPT99 likes this.

VIP Member
    I've got Angus cattle (black) and it's bad enough for a cow to get out on the highway. Most of the time they want that tempting lush grass on the side of the road. It's especially bad for them to be out at night, especially BLACK cows.

Funny think about two hours ago I got a call from the sheriff's office that two donkeys were out on the highway. I informed the dispatcher that I didn't own any donkey's but would be happy to go see about them. She had a deputy in route also. My name/number is listed in their "animal book" so I get called pretty often, most of the time it's not mine, but I still go and check for the sake of everyone's safety.

Anyway, the donkey's were not on the highway, but had gotten off and were somewhere in the dark, it was close to dawn and the owner was going to find them at first light.

Keep in mind a good-sized cow can weigh 1000 lbs, I once saw where a small car hit one, the car was badly damaged, but driveable, the cow limped for about a month, healed up and was just fine. They can be tough critters, but when they get down.......well, they sort of give up.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

In AZ, it's easy to know when your DL expires, at least the first time... on your 65th birthday!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

It all started with a dark night and a black cow.. and some Barry White music.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I own a car rental company here in NY and you would be willing to bet the rental software picked up with the expired license and NOT the rental agent. They are not that sharp.

N Y Drivers license are valid for 364 days after they expire. Just need to go renew it. Depending one the sitution I have given our vehicle to people with expired licenses, First stop DMV to renew. Getting from my office to DMV is 2 buses and a few hours with transfers.

Normally only 3-4 people look at a drivers license.

LEO's, Car rental agents, Bartenders or bouncers,When you write a check/ Cashing a check.

"Big Black Cow" by Steely Dan should be playing.
    l1a1 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I dont know what the damage was to your truck but i'm sure they had to put the cow down, Im sure the farmer lost far more than you. I woulda been kicking the crap out of it. We were in Iowa one time, coming home to Arkansas for a christmas visit and my wife hit a huge dog with my new truck that just ran out in the highway, caused about 1200 dollars damage. I know the owners are responsible for the damage but its really not worth going after, especially if its some kids dog. A cow on the other hand. I woulda loaded that sucker up! Somebody runs a herd of cattle through denver they may wanna change their free range laws.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Glad your wife is OK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links