Banker leaves server 1% Tip in protest of the 99% protesters...

Banker leaves server 1% Tip in protest of the 99% protesters...

This is a discussion on Banker leaves server 1% Tip in protest of the 99% protesters... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Banker Leaves 1% Tip On $133 Lunch Bill In Defiance of 'The 99%' [UPDATED] A banker leaves $1.33 on a $133.00 bill. He also the ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Banker leaves server 1% Tip in protest of the 99% protesters...

  1. #1
    Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midwest Area to be Precise.
    Posts
    1,266

    Banker leaves server 1% Tip in protest of the 99% protesters...

    Banker Leaves 1% Tip On $133 Lunch Bill In Defiance of 'The 99%' [UPDATED]

    A banker leaves $1.33 on a $133.00 bill. He also the server a note stating "Get a real job."

    I for one am glad that the 1% are standing up for themselves.


  2. #2
    Senior Member Array jdsumner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    riverview, fl
    Posts
    765
    Sounds like a really good way to have 'special sauce' added to one's dining experience if one were a regular at that particular server's place of employment.
    Not good, not bad, just is.

    dan

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,264
    The banker is a Douche. You have to learn to follow before you can lead, I guess he missed this. To run down someone to make yourself feel better is a crappy attitude.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

  4. #4
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    There has to be more to the story. Did she give him poor service? I have done that before.... but only for total lack of service.
    atctimmy likes this.

  5. #5
    Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    1,530
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    There has to be more to the story. Did she give him poor service? I have done that before.... but only for total lack of service.
    Yep, I agree...a tip is not automatic. Crappy service = crappy tip. Great service = great tip. Regardless of the food quality, your server is not responsible for the food other than to try to make it right, or get a manager involved if it isn't right.
    Just my 2 cent opinion.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  6. #6
    Ex Member
    Array 1 old 0311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by jdsumner View Post
    Sounds like a really good way to have 'special sauce' added to one's dining experience if one were a regular at that particular server's place of employment.
    Not good, not bad, just is.

    dan

    You got it and the wait staffs DO remember clowns like that. So you won't go back there? Don't matter. Wait staff always changes restaurants and your 'tip' game will follow you.

  7. #7
    VIP Member Array HKinNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nassau, NY(Long Island)
    Posts
    2,855
    I saw this on AOL homepage the other day. I have never stiffed a server. Only once did I have terrible service from the waiter. The bussboy was on point the whole meal. Drinks half done, refilled. Bread basket going low, refilled. Done with the meal, plates cleared. Dessserts perfect. The waiter brought the bill. I called over the waiter and bussboy at the same time. Lets say it was $100.00. I tipped the waiter $20.00 and handed the bussboy $40.00 in front of the waiter. I told the waiter that the his service sucked and the bussboy was perfect. I also went on to tell the bussboy make sure you get you cut of his $20.00 tip.

  8. #8
    Member Array ldell23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    52
    "As many have noted, a true 1% tip correctly rounded to the nearest penny would have been $1.34, leaving this tip just shy of that threshold, mathematically speaking."

    Maybe that waitress is in school and can't get a "real job" right now. What a jerk
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.

  9. #9
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,881
    I have had bad service before but never bad enough to give a 1 percent tip for a 133 buck order. And the server at least has a job. We don't know the background but a lot 99 OWS folks did not.

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array wmhawth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Western Colorado
    Posts
    4,434
    A guy like that just adds to the evidence that horse's arses outnumber horses.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

  11. #11
    VIP Member Array rammerjammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I for one am glad that the 1% are standing up for themselves.
    Then you as the 99% must realize that the 1% are standing on YOU. Are you as much of a jerk as the guy who left the bad tip? Do you have anything in common with the 1% other than your disdain for working people? A man as spiteful and arrogant as the tipper wants nothing to do with the likes of the other 99% of the population. And unless you're already a part of the 99%, you're never going to get there and are only supporting a group that wants nothing to do with you except to exploit you more than it already has.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

    Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

  12. #12
    Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Metro DC
    Posts
    958
    Unless the server was wearing an OWS t-shirt, why would this idiot take it out on her?
    l1a1 and mlr1m like this.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

  13. #13
    Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midwest Area to be Precise.
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Then you as the 99% must realize that the 1% are standing on YOU. Are you as much of a jerk as the guy who left the bad tip? Do you have anything in common with the 1% other than your disdain for working people? A man as spiteful and arrogant as the tipper wants nothing to do with the likes of the other 99% of the population. And unless you're already a part of the 99%, you're never going to get there and are only supporting a group that wants nothing to do with you except to exploit you more than it already has.
    I can't post the sarcasm smiley from my new phone. I freely admit to being in the bottom of the 99%. I would also label myself politically as a democratic socialist. The facts are this is the kind of thing that bothers me when I see people voting for those who get donations from big businesses. People like Obama, Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum for example. They all are owned by the 1% and work for them.

    To play devils advocate, why does anyone have to tip? It's not a law? And she is not entitled to a tip. She should be thankful she has a job.
    atctimmy likes this.

  14. #14
    Member Array swmft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    miami,Fl, usa
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    A guy like that just adds to the evidence that horse's arses outnumber horses.
    You are so right

    As for me A professional server MAKES the meal. The restaurants that I go to have waiters bussers ,and wine stewards these people are professionals, a gentleman's gentleman is a professional a limo driver is a professional they deserve respect. An NCO is a professional, and I have in uniform saluted first--- some people DESERVE respect despite their station in life.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Better 12 judging than 6 carrying

  15. #15
    Senior Member Array tubadude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    WV/PA
    Posts
    927
    Re-read the bottom of the article, there are updates and corrections. The restaurant is saying that it was faked.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

banker bad tip
,
banker gives 1 tip
,
banker gives 1% tip
,
banker gives waitress bad tip
,

banker leaves bad tip

,
bankers bad tip
,
guy gives 1% tip
,
guy leaves 1% tip
,
investment banker bad tip
,
man leaves $1.33 tip
,
man leaves 1 percent tip
,
man leaves 1%
,

man leaves 1% tip

,
man leaves bad tip
,
wealthy man leaves 1% tip
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors