Great article and video about hypocrisy...

This is a discussion on Great article and video about hypocrisy... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; One more post that quotes or topis abortion and the thread gets closed. There have been 5 deleted posts in this thread already. Rule #9 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Great article and video about hypocrisy...

Administrator
    One more post that quotes or topis abortion and the thread gets closed.
    There have been 5 deleted posts in this thread already.

Rule #9 Forum Rules page. Read it.
    We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly.
    For this reason, we DO NOT allow the discussion of these topics.

We discourage "caliber war" threads and strongly encourage you not to post a thread starting one. Regardless of your level of experience, caliber is a personal preference and what is right for you may not be right for others.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    I personally am a recipient of benefits I don't believe the government should provide. I am aware of, and completely unapologetic for my hypocrisy.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Warcrimes View Post
    I personally am a recipient of benefits I don't believe the government should provide. I am aware of, and completely unapologetic for my hypocrisy.
    Recently there was some talk about changing the military's retirement policy. They are talking about going to a defined contribution plan rather than the defined benefit plan that has been in place for generations. There was an uproar among my co-workers, many of whom are still active duty because they expect to be receiving at least 50% of their base pay from the time they're 40-45 until they die.

While I understand the pushback, and even though I'll be able to retire in a few short years, I would support such a measure (assuming it was similar to what you would see out in the civilian world) even if it meant my retirement would change. The rest of the country went away from defined benefit plans sometime during my parents' generation. Military retirement is a huge chunk of Fed spending. I believe it can be changed fairly and without spitting in the face of myself and my comrades.

I mean, they're already going to do that to my generation with Social Security.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links